Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi- looking for some help please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 01steven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi- looking for some help please
    Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 10:44pm
Hi there.
Just joined to ask a question and get some help please!
I'm considering buying a used Primera.
Willing to spend about £3000/£3500.
Am looking at private sellers as I feel I'll get better value.
I'm hoping to get a model something like 4 or 5 years old (most recent model), with 50-70K on the clock.
I'd like to know the different spec for the different models.
Was S the base model from this period? How does it go up from there, and what more spec do you get as you climb the range?
Many thanks
Steven
nordic scooby View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordic scooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 11:05pm
hi bud welcome to the  clubWave im no expert on the new models p12's bt p11 144 start at the s badge and work up to the se+ the sport + is the de tuned 138bhp sorry im not much help but someone with better knowledge will be along soonThumbs%20Up
ever seen scooby run!

NPOC BEST IN SHOW N SHINE 2007 (cheers peeps)
Janner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Kerbalicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 11:13pm
hi mate,

welcome to NPOC, hope you get the info you need!

keith
shade View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 11:16pm
Go for a 2.0l petrol t-spec if you can afford it.

The TD version had some issues with turbos blowing on earlier (and later??) models.
RIP 10, hello Connect! :(
01steven View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 01steven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 11:20pm
What do you get more on the SE than on the S?
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 11:25pm

Hi Steve and a big welcome to the Nissan Primera Owners ClubClap

I'm not clued up on the spec and tech range of the P12 (being a P10 / P11 owner etc).

Hopefully one of our P12 owners can help out. I'm pretty sure the T Spec and SVE models are the range toppers though. I've been in an SVE with full leather, reversing camera, sat nav and so on.. The interior was truly mind blowing!

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 11:36pm
sve has upgraded stereo with sub under drivers seat, camera, satnav, 17" wheels, leather became standard on later models & cruise was option

t-spec adds hid lights, sunroof,leccy seats, 6 disc (sve option)

s, se, flair were lower specs and probabally wont have satnav and its way expensive to retro fit

you'll not be dissapointed with sve or t-specThumbs%20Up
ryanm1980 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanm1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 11:43pm
Hi Steven, welcome to the NPOCBig%20smile
I don't know to much about the P12 but will recomend both the P10 and P11-144. I would say any Primera but I've never owned a P11LOL You get good spec and the reliability is briliant Thumbs%20Up
solent View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 11:36am
Just go to www.whatcar.co.uk, click on "Reviews" and take it from there.
P12s seem to be holding their residual price very well. They were only built for 4 years. It is very unlikely you will get one of those, or with lesser specs under your current budget. Good luck
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 11:40am
Make sure when you test one, you have a good play with everything electrical on the car.  We've seen a few in here with electrical faults, my friend has one and he had a few electrical faults too.

I'm not clued up on the current values but if you can get hold of an SVE, it's a massive amount of car for the money.
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>