Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Heater problems...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Goffy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Heater problems...
    Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:54pm
I have a 52 plate P12 SE. Same problem as described here except I think the blower might have failed intermittently on occasions before failing completely. Local garage thought it might be the fan but then phoned me to say it was the heater blower resistor fan control ie the part discussed in this thread up behind the clutch pedal, they said it would be cheaper for me to find one on ebay and they would fit it for £40. So i ordered one from ebay and a new air filter and fitted both myself as described by the helpful folk on this forum as it was easy enough and didnt want to waste £40.

Sadly the blower is still dead. Its unlikely the new resistor control is also faulty so this makes me wonder if the garage checked things like fuses, relays and the fan....they said the fan would be the first thing they would check. They seemed certain it was the resistor fan control.

Has anyone any idea what else could be wrong? It looks like I wasted my money on the new resistor control and the old one is probably still fine. Maybe I should phone an auto electrician as I dont fancy spending any more time lieing face down in the footwell fiddling with screws.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 10:43am
Welcome to NPOC,

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-fan-speed-control-module-diy-repair_topic12795.html

If you get Photobucket errors, this can be fixed with a Chrome Plugin
Google 'photobucket embed fix'

Photobucket now charge users $400 to let their Pics appear on Forums.
Unsurprisingly, most people haven't paid.
timothycat View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 10:23am
I cant find the resistor by the clutch pedal do you have any photos
steve
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 4:21pm
I have not really seen any problems with the blower on here, would not like to comment on putting an un-fused voltage/current across the blower
Cribber View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cribber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 10:27am
Thanks for the reply. I did do alittle more investigating last night with some more reliable test equipment. It appears that I do have a supply to the fan, so is it likely to be a fan problem it is free and not siezed. I tried to take it out removed lots of screws but it still wouldn't come. Any ideas on how to get it out or what tests I could do on it to test it out. A friend of mine suggest connecting 12v straight to it to see if it runs to rule out any of the control circuits. Good idea yes or no?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:01pm
I think it will be pretty certain the fan control unit would have failed so give it a go. Have you checked the state of the pollen filter, lack of maintenance has been highlighted as stressing the unit.
Cribber View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cribber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:11pm
hi guys, I'm new to the forum and maybe late to the party but hope not. I have a 52 plate p12 where the blowers stopped working, I can adjust the speeds on my control unit but no output from the fan. I tried to do some basic fault finding before I found this forum. I found the 2 blower fuses to be fine and still making circuit but have to supply voltage to the blower itself. do you think that it could be the module by the clutch pedal? as mentioned above
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 10:11am
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Thanks for the feedback, pleased you got the problem sorted and that you found the answer yourself well doneThumbs Up
Redspaniardp12 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redspaniardp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 8:33am
Just to say thankyou for this info I have a Nissan Primera 1.8 SE 52 plate.The Blower/Heater stopped working completely.Took out the above mentioned module by the clutch pedal and bridged the offending component on it. Its now working while im waiting for the new part. Its -3c today so cant thank you enough for this information.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 8:03pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
have you read this thread at all?
you need to change the fan control unit

If you changed the audio unit did you have it recoded to the car ny Nissan or Clarion? I would have thought you would have the 'Secure' message on the screen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>