Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Heater problems...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Heater problems...
    Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 3:16pm
Hi all,

I am a new member with a p12 (2003) and a problem......
The Heater blower is not blowing, I have tested motor and seems OK.
I have located a control box which I believe controls the air con and fan speed etc, My question is should there be something else to look for , I would expect to find some sort of resistor pack? Does anybody know what I should be looking for or is the fault likely to lie with the control box I have already found (this box was located directly attached to the motor blower housing under the glove box). Any advise would be appreciated.....

Thank you all.....

Dave (Harpo)
catalistt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catalistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 4:16pm
could be your bcm module!! quite common for these to fail in a particular area!!!
Harpo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 4:20pm
Hi catalistt,

Thanks for the advise. A couple of things.....
What's a bcm? and where is it?

Cheers.....
maniclamb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniclamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 4:02pm
Hi Harpo, did you solve this problem with your Primera?

Unfortunetely mine seems to have done the very same thing.  The fans suddenly cut off yesterday, and are not working at all now.  I've checked the fuses but they are fine.

Really don't know where to start, considering the P12 Primera's electrics are a bit of mine field!

Anybody any ideas? Costly?

Cheers
chimeo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chimeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 6:56pm
its round 20-30 quid. its up by the clutch pedal on the heater box, its a white connector and held in with 2 philips screws
crazy taxi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 6:59pm

After replacing part after part, i never got to the bottom of this so if you do find the problem it needs saving in the how to's!

Old enough to know better, too old to change
crazy taxi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 7:03pm
PS, you can overide the pooter side of things by earthing the live connection on the heater blower.
put a switch in line, means you'll only have "full speed" but in this weather and steamy windows it's better than nowt.
Old enough to know better, too old to change
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 8:53pm
I assume this is now sorted, Chimeo has it right  on the nose
maniclamb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniclamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 9:30am
Originally posted by chimeo chimeo wrote:

its round 20-30 quid. its up by the clutch pedal on the heater box, its a white connector and held in with 2 philips screws

Thanks chimeo, is there an easy way of testing it is this? I'm not particularly clever when it comes to car electrics.  Also do you know the part number to make sure I don't get the wrong component from Nissan.

Cheers all for your help.
maniclamb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniclamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 12:42pm
I've just been in touch with a garage about sourcing a 'Fan Control amp', the technician stated that usually the fan works on full-speed even when these amp blows.

As mine isn't working at all, could this mean its the Blower motor (£192...eek)?  I guess it might be worth changing this part first and seeing if it works? The current fan control amp doesn't have any mjaor burns or anything on it.  What a pain..

Simon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>