Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Heater problems...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chimeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 5:21pm
its not known as a fan control amp, ill get the name tomorrow, if your is the blower motor ill be very suprised,
maniclamb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniclamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 10:45am
Well the little white thing above the clutch pedal held in by two phillips screws is known as  the 'Fan control amplifier' according to the Primera service CD, anyway I've ordered the part so hopefully it will cure it!!

Cheers.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 10:42pm
^^ Keep us update please fella ^^

Cheers,
Shaun
maniclamb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniclamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 10:52am
Originally posted by essNchill essNchill wrote:

^^ Keep us update please fella ^^

Cheers,
Shaun

Will do Wink,  this cold and wet weather has really come at the wrong time for me.. Bit of mission trying to avoid the steamy windows scenario! Hopefully I'll have the replacement part soon. 

Will keep you all updated.
maniclamb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniclamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 9:32am
Thanks for your help. Indeed it was the 'Fan control Amp' or 'Heater Reg' as  they called it at the salvage place.  I waited over a week for the part to come in at the local Nissan garage and decided to give up and risk getting a used part. It's soo nice to have warm/steamy-window free car back!

Kensai86 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kensai86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 12:45pm
how much did you pay for this part? as my heater controls only work on No.3!  Shocked

sounds like a similar problem to you?
maniclamb View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniclamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 3:04pm
My fan wasn't working at any of the levels.. However people says its usually the cause when your fans only work at the top speed. I'm not sure if its a similar system for a P10? If so, then yes it could be the solution to your problem.

The part was listed at £27 + VAT from the Nissan garage, I got it little bit cheaper from the local salvage yard.  I was getting bored of waiting for it to come in at the garage!
Kensai86 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kensai86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 5:56pm
illl get on the blower to nissan... cheers fella Thumbs%20Up
DeeJ View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 12:29pm
Can anyone give me the part number for the bcm module
arnie 818 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arnie 818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 12:58pm
The heater fan stopped working on my 2002 Primera and on advice I changed the Module Assembly Power (resistor pack). It is located next to the clutch at the back of the heater outlet and secured with two philips screws. It took 5 minutes to change and cost £36 inclusive of VAT at my local Nissan dealer. This sorted the problem.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>