Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel pump /Starting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monti229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel pump /Starting
    Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 4:37pm
Hi
I have just got a 98 primera se.
It was being given away because it had a burst radiator. I have replaced the radiator.
The car won't start it just turns over. The fuel pump does not run. I tested all the relays and and fuses and they are working.
 I tested the wires at the fuel pump connector with a multi meter and there doesn't seem to be any power  when ignition on or cranking. (Although one time there where some intermittent readings about 6 -10 volts)
I put power directly to the fuel pump and it is working.
I tried to crank the engine whilst separately powering the pump, but makes no difference it's still just cranking not firing up.
Any Ideas on what the problem maybe I would be extremely greatfull
ECU? Immobilizer?
Many thanks

Matt
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 11:22am
Hi mate, welcome to the club.  It does sound like maybe the NATS (immobiliser) is stopping it.  Has the key you have, got the red chip bit in it?

monti229 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monti229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 5:49pm
Hi
Thanks for the reply, yes the key has a chip. The central locking works and the red indicator on the top of the dash flashes like it should. I have tried the turn key to on for 5 secs then off then on etc, still not starting.
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply