Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2008 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

September 2008 - NPOC @ JAE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: September 2008 - NPOC @ JAE
    Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 2:20am
Congratulations for September 2008 go to................... ALL THE NPOC GUYS AND GALS (and their guests) who represented on the NPOC stand at JAE 2008Clap

In this special Feature Of The Month (to replace our traditonal COTM), we'll try bloody hard to look back and take it all in (again), as we review the club cars, club members, club activities and well... Just review it allBig%20smile

Anyways.. WELL DONE to all of you who were thereRockon

The Intro:

JAE (Japanese Auto Extravaganza) is a long standing Jap car meet and over the years has grown from what was originally a weekend get together for some Old Skool Datsuns, to the biggest annual Jap car meet outside of Japan!!

What you'll find at JAE is the UK's finest Jap Car Clubs (and some from Europe too), their members chilling out and a few thousand serious Jap cars!Clap

In recent years it's location has moved a few times, it started off at Billing in Peterborough, then moved to the East Of England Showground (also in PBoro) and it's latest venue was Mersea Island (just outside of Colchester) - 2008 saw JAE held at Mersea Island, for the first time.

As well as a new location, JAE also took on a new date (plus an extra day!!). Traditionally the weekend event has been held on the 3rd weekend of July and despite this supposedly being the "Summertime", a lot of you can recap the bizarre freak weather conditions of the last couple of yearsWacko.. So a new venue and a new date.... JAE 2008 was held on the last weekend of August: Thursday 28th - Sunday 31st.

The weather couldn't have been betterCool

The NPOC cars & Members:

Moving on, let's get a look and a shout out for all the NPOC members who made the journey for this weekender.

Here's who came (my apologies for not naming all your family and friends - My memory only stretches so farSmile), so I'll stick to the NPOC members and let's have a look at their cars:

"essNchill & Biojoba"

"Lurch"

"Yogi"

"Sluffer"

"Blue"

"MysticMike"

"shade" - One of the Club Owners and happy to tuck his mighty GTR away at the backSmile

"ragt20"

"nordic scooby"

"col_welsh1986" - His car was left at home (driveshaft woes) but came with "GT Janner"Smile

"Mark"

"naughtynorm"

"Ross" - His car was left at home (leccy woes) but came in Mums YarisSmile

"Nick GT"

"GT_Andy"

"SJMX"

"bigsydney"

"nabber"

"James Inglis"

"p11sr20"

"Davy"

"Mad Ax"

"P12DMR"

"barrakuda"

"Speedfreak"

"Derek"

"Neilistic"

"Gary1972"

"Crazy Taxi" (+ Crazy Clan) - His car was left at home but he borrowed "P10 Margo"sSmile

"Angel1"

"Jamp11" - His car was left at home but he came in his company carSmile

"JC#79"

"Tom-P10"

"Sprint"

"GT Janner"

"RocketMan"

"Demon_Driver"

"GtR142"

"Bford"

"FriedGold"

"NikC" came with "FriedGold".

"Ant-Dat"

"Gizz"

"peetee"

"Snowy"

"Len72841"

"DNA540i"

Some other stuff!:

No real official place to put this but it made us laugh, so here you go.

The NPOC ladies and boys!... Strange intro yeah but all will become clear. Once again the "sponsor girls" were accosted by "Tom-P10" and here's a couple of photos:

Now not to be outdone by any of the above, the boys put out tooLOL

Now depending on your tastes, at least we've catered for you allBig%20smile Good effort by the lads as wellClap

JAE Tragedy!! Most of us there will know that sadly one of our finest club cars got injured on the standCry But it's entirely down to the way you let it effect your weekend. The slippery early morning grass claimed "MysticMike"s lovely GTSE, whilst postioning his car on the stand, the car just skidded whilst reversing (yeah he really was going like 5 MPH) and under braking, the Mystic hit a large telegraph pole. It sustained some quite serious rear end damage. Mike took it very well (and I personally know how deep down inside gutted he was), did it ruin his weekend.. No way!! Instead though and to save any other cars, we superglued "Gary1972" and "Davy" to the offending pole - Result, no further cars damaged:

Assault!.. The NPOC stand was located in front of an assault course! Now with H&S strongly in mind, "essNchill" decided he should try out the course and get a feeler for member safety and risk assessment, so up he went!

Followed shortly by "Lurch".....

Now there's a million captions that are probably going through your mind now (dirty boys and girls!)LOL But needless to say, they both got out safely and remained clothed at all times. Sadly the assault course was taken over as additional camping space after these photos were taken and the area shut down.

JAE Club Spirit:

The beauty of the NPOC and an event like JAE is the bonding that happens over the weekend. It's also a reason why the NPOC are gaining an incredible reputation as one of the UK's friendliest and most welcoming forums (both online and offline). The basis of our club is we're all regular guys and gals, who share a passion for one model of car - The Nissan Primera. We don't sit on high horses and we don't judge. If your car has Nissan Primera written on the back, you've met the requirement to become a club member.

But it's this vibe we have, that sets us apart from any other clubClap This was seen repeatedly over the weekend, with all members helping each other out.. It was one car, one family. Let's have a look at some of those moments:

Here's "Ross", helping "Mark" get his Mystic looking superb:

"SJMX" helping "Barrakuda" out:

"essNchill" lending "Derek" his club polo shirt for the footie:

"Biojoba" spent most of the weekend helping someone out with something and here she is on hand with the suncream.. Purely for the comedy element, this photo had to be usedSmile Big "Lurch" getting creamed up:

"Ant-Dat" spent many hours checking out and helping out, with the mechanical side of things on the members cars:

"nordic scooby", having one of the most shiny Primeras in the club.. Well he spent the whole weekend showing the members how he does it and if he could get his hands on a club car, he got waxing!!

Helping out "Barrakuda":

Helping out "essNchill":

"essNchill" was a lucky lad that day, as "Yogi" also joined in to get the Nordic looking good:

"Derek" helping out "GT Janner":

"Mark" helping out "James Inglis":

In fact there was so much love from everyone, this section of the feature could go on and on.. Thank you to everyone who took the time to extend their help to any memberClap

The NPOC Club Stand:

This year, we decided that for once, we were gonna have a good stab at actually organising our stand. Out went the free for all parking and tents up where you want and in came some regimental organisation (well sortaLOL). "Nabber" and "essNchill" discussed the battle plan and the outcome was a goodun! We lined the cars up and kept all tents / chairs and the "NPOC Village" behind the club gazeeboClap

The NPOC Stand looked awesome (day and night), it was a feast of veritable Primera beauty:

The NPOC Village:

The village was a hive of activity all weekend!!Clap

Saturday - WHAT A DAY!!

Well, where to start here? Saturday was the day where everything went down.

We had the NPOC Footie Teams out on display (we entered two 5 a side teams). We sent out the NPOC Bears to compete in the JAE Inter Club, Tug Of War Competition. We sent out NPOC's finest club cars into the official JAE Show "N" Shine competition (in the highly contested Nissan class). We had our own Club Car competition!! We had our party night (BBQ and drinks) and trophy presentation, attended by our special guests from the NCN....!

OK Dokes here we go...Confused

Starting with the official JAE Show "N" Shine compy.. Our Primeras were dressed for battle and shinier than a shiny thing, so let's have a look at them lined up and ready for judging:

"P12DMR", in the show arena and ready:

"Sprint" into the show arena:

"naughtynorm" ready for judging:

"Mark" in the show arena:

"Angel1" looking good and ready for inspection:

"Nick GT" waxed and ready:

You guys and gals go into that show arena, knowing that the big boys will always win the awards BUT still you go represent the club - Many thanks from us allBow%20Down

The 5 a side footie:

When we asked for members to form a footie team, so many hands went in the air.. We fielded 2 teams and here's some action shots:

Now one of our teams won their Quarter Final match.. But by some bizarre reasoning, this meant they did NOT progress to the Semi Final?!?!!Confused Oh well.. All you guys out there on the pitch were winnersClap

A special mention to "Mark" who was our footie player / manager and also worth pointing out that he scored an incredible hat trick, during one of the gamesThumbs%20Up

The NPOC Bears - Tug Of War:

What's with the "Bears" then? Well the commentator labelled our team as the "NPOC Bears" and so hey, we kept itLOL

So we got ripped off in the footie! I guess this only served to pump up the Tug Guys? We entered an 8 man team for a laugh initially... However it soon became clear that we had a good chance of earning some silverware!

Let's have a look at the NPOC Tug Of War team:

And guess what?? YAY WE FOOKING WON the whole thing!!Rockon

For all of you who missed out on the action, we have knocked up a video that shows every "pull" (actual video footage), and a montage of photos. Sit back, enjoy and celebrate with the Bears:

[FLASH WIDTH=425 HEIGHT=344]http://www.youtube.com/v/BPyk9ErUlSw[/FLASH]

WELL DONE BEARS!

As we've already mentioned, Saturday was the day for ALL NPOC members cars, to be judgedSmile This is our own club competition and EVERY member who has a car on the stand could win a trophy. What makes this a special event is that the judging is done by the members. Anyone who won anything can be happy that they won it, due to the admiration and respect of their fellow membersApprove.

The trophies were presented as always by "essNchill" and here's the catergories and your winners:

Best P10 - Winner "James Inglis"

Best P11 - Winner "Nabber"

Best P11 144 - Winner "Yogi"

Best Standard / OE Spec - Winner "Ant-Dat"

Best Show "N" Shine - Winner "Mark"

Best Car In Show - Runner Up "James Inglis"

Best In Show - Winner "P12DMR"

A BIG well done to all our winnersClap It was widely accepted that the quality of cars on the stand was truly exceptional and it was the toughest year for votingThumbs%20Up

"Crazy Taxi" - Charity Shavathon!!

One of our members had been growing both his hair and beard, to raise money for Cancer Research. It's been many many months and a good amount of money raised too. Here's the photos:

Before the clippers came out:

To this:

A BiG well done and good work for charityClap

The Nissan Club Nederlands (NCN):

Our special guests at our Saturday night BBQ were the Dutch guys from the NCNSmile. They were also regular visitors to the stand over the event and always very welcome. They joined us for a night of burgers and beer (do they have cider in Holland?LOL). Here they are:

It was a pleasure having these guys come over to the stand and joining us. They made a mahooooooooooosive journey to get to JAE and here's hoping we see the NCN guys (and in bigger numbers) next year.Thumbs%20Up

The food, beer and fun:

Every year we do a catering option for the members and we keep it cheap too! £10 of your finest gold coins bought you: Unlimited tea / coffee for the whole event, as much beer / wine / coke as you could drink on Saturday night and a BBQ. Still hungry on Sunday morning? Well we also made you all bacon rolls as wellRockon £10 bargain and if you were an Elite Member, well that was a freebie for you.

"Biojoba" & "essNchill" took on the yearly task of catering for the club as always and were assisted by many membersClap Special thanks to all the members who helped cook, carry the supplies and clean up - Thank you!

So let's take a look at the chilling / drinking and just having fun.. There were so many photos we could have used here!!

To see out the feature, I've thrown in some member quotes in between the photos!

"col_welsh1986" wrote: It was the best weekend I've had for ages, everyone made me welcome from the moment we arrived. Thanks to Shaun, Caroline, G, Ade, and all the other staff that has made this possible for all of us!

"lil_red" wrote: Thanks everyone for a wicked weekend. out of the two JAE's I've been to 2 so far, this one was definately the better one.

"nordic scooby" wrote: I had a fantastic weekend, hats off to every one  of the NPOC possie of cars. This year was awesome, everyone's a winner in my eyes! Awesome! Big thanks to Caroline, Shaun, Gaz, Shade, Matt, Daz and G for all the work, you guys an gals put into making NPOC the best there is!

"Nabber" wrote: Mahoosive thanks to the hosts with the most (Club Owners & Staff Team) you guys n Cazza work tirelessly all weekend (as she does every JAE), to keep everyone happy, entertained, fed and watered and you are all exeptional and it makes me soo proud to be a member of a great car club like NPOC.

"MysticMike" wrote: Amazing weekend! Best one ever!

"Sluffer" wrote: Weather was excellent, company was excellent, the cars were outstanding, and the the team spirit at the inter-club events was the best in the country. What more could anyone ask for? I want to thank all the members and their families who turned up and made it an amazing weekend, without you, we couldn't have pulled it off. You make me proud to be part of NPOC. You're all special and deserve a pat on the back for the effort and sacrifices you have made to be there. Well done guys.. More of the same next year only better!

"Neilistic" wrote: Best JAE yet, just wanna say thank you to Shaun and Caroline for the massive amount of tireless work both of you put into it. Food was awesome, just a great atmosphere too. Also thank you to all the rest of the NPOC to oldies to the newbies. Rache and me really enjoyed ourselves.

"bigsydney" wrote: A big thanks to all the NPOC staff for a great weekend and thanks to the bears for making mine and others day and last but not least, all the top NPOC members and cooks for a top weekend!

"Tom-P10" wrote: It was definately the best meet ever and i didnt think that was possible after last years JAE but this was just the most fantastic event ever.

"DNA540i" wrote: I'm so glad I'm a member of NPOC and not another club because from what i see there's no club so closely knit as ours. Thank you to everyone. A weekend to remember.

"Derek" wrote: A mahhhooooosive thanks to everybody for a cracking weekend!

"loopy lou" wrote: I would just like to say from the bottom of my heart, that I had a great time at JAE and met some fantastic peeps. It was my first big meet and everyone made feel welcome, as I have said before all of the NPOC members that I met at JAE were the best.

"James Inglis" wrote: Thanks to everybody that helped keep my kids occupied especilly Kerry, Caroline and Claire it made my weekend much easier I hope it wasn't too much trouble. Thanks to Shaun and Caroline for looking after us all and thanks to the NPOC team for making it such a great weekend.

"barrakuda" wrote:  Big thanks to NPOC Staff and all the members for making this such a good time.

"Len72841" wrote: Hi all, as a new member and JAE virgin many thanks to all the club members who made the weekend so great and unforgetable for me and my wife Eileen. The food was great, chillie friday and BBQ saturday with all the beer you can drink, a bargain for a tenner. So for all of you new members who have wanted to go to this event but have been a bit unsure of everything I say JUST DO IT!

"FriedGold" wrote: Honestly it was the best meet/show I have ever been to and that is thanks to you lot, and especially Shaun and Caroline. The stand looked great and the atmosphere was really top notch.  Massive love to everyone!

"Mark" wrote: I would also like to thank the NPOC staff for all their hard work and effort into making it such a memorable weekend. This was my first JAE and definately wont be the last! What a Great Club!

"Blue" wrote: Massive thanks to everyone for making the weekend what it was: A truly memorable event.

"JC#79" wrote: I would also like to thank everyone for making my Caroline so welcome & not feel like a spare wheel when I ran off doing / talking car stuff. She also wanted me to send her thanks to everyone for making it one of the best weekends of the year for her.

"p11sr20" wrote: A big thanks to everyone that turned up to make this the best meet I've been to and a fantastic weekend!

"Bford" wrote: Well one of my first meets and what a meet to start with, good weather, plenty of cars and members to make me feel welcome!

"Gary1972" wrote: Many thanks to Shaun, Caroline, Ade, G and the staff members.... Myself, Louise and the kids had a top weekend and can't wait for the next one.

"peetee" wrote: Thanks to NPOC staff for a blinding weekend ..cant wait for next year!!

"gizz" wrote: Thanks to all at JAE for making a first timer welcome!

"essNchill" on behalf of the Club Owners wrote: Thank you to every single member and their guests who made the journey and represented NPOC. Some of you had stupid long journeys, yet it didn't stop you coming. The cars were top class, the people even better. It's thanks entirely to all of you that NPOC is the club it is today and our reputation as one of the countrys most hospitable and well presented clubs, gets stronger and stronger. NPOC is more than a bunch of Primera drivers, we're a family!! Well done and a big thanks from the club owners.

Pig on a Sunday morning.. Oh yes!Pig

Some final thanks from the NCN guys who joined us (and a thanks from me to all of NPOC, for making them feel so welcome)Clap

"DaMasterPNut" wrote: JAE was f*cking awesome! NPOC rules, The Bears rules, Cider rules, everybody rules!

"Sylver84" wrote: I would like to thank evry1 of NPOC for there hospitality and from my point of view it has been a great honor to join up with you guys.
"Jeroen_NX" wrote: Want to thank you guys as well, we really had a great time at your stand!

"DutchMera" wrote: I had a great time with ya all.

"Jano" wrote:  I just wanted to thank you guys personally on my behalf as well!!! Unbelievable, the hospitality of NPOC!! Respect!!!

For those of you who made it all the way down to the end...! A little treat to finish and courtesy of one of the NCN guysClap "Jeroen_NX" has knocked up this 30 minute video. It's a good insight into what happened as a whole at JAE 2008 and well worth brewing up, sitting down and watching it.. Not only that, NPOC feature in itRockon

Seriously, watch it.. It's good! Big thanks to "Jeroen_NX"Clap

Anyways, that's me done.. I hope you enjoyed this special feature and roll on JAE 2009!!

September 2008 Feature - NPOC @ JAE
Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply