Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'01 2.0 SE+ estate..would be a P11 SR20DE?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primalife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '01 2.0 SE+ estate..would be a P11 SR20DE?
    Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 7:38pm
So what a great place... I've just stumbled across this and already found a couple of things that have helped me (getting the door trim off for a start)

So I've had a primera for some 8 years now, my last was a 94 1.6 Hatch, but I've just bought/replaced that with a 2001 2.0 SE+ estate (great for dog and family sized stuff)
So in primera speak I think that means Its a P11 or is that W11 with the SR20DE engine.

Anyway thought I'd just say hi, I'm thinking about paying for the subscription membership as there looks like lots of useful stuff I just can't get to as a newbie.

One question I do have is I am thinking about upgrading my audi in car - starting with some decent speakers (the built in head already has a CD multichanger and given it is totally built in with the centre console in the SE+ it would be a pain to replace).  So can I just simply swap out the speakers in both front doors and the roof in the boot?
also I seem to have tiny speakers in the door columns jsut behind drivers/front passenger head - but they dont' seem to make a sound - are those points for asthetic looks or should they produce noise...?

Many thanks and hi all

Steve

ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 9:08pm
hi and welcome to npoc Steve.

to change the headunit is not really that much hassle really, spend around £30-£35 at Nissan for the complete conversion kit, which is a new facia plate, a new hazard switch and a bit of loom....after that all ya need is a new Headunit....not much to it really...

good to hear you're enjoying Primera ownership though..

enjoy the forums...Wave
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
shadow View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 10:45pm
Welcome to npoc steve, you join up mate its the best 15 quid you'll ever spend. Thumbs%20Up I,m pretty sure the speaker things in the door pillar, are interior sensors for the alarm Thumbs%20Up

Rodney View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 9:54am
welcome along
NiteW4tcher View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteW4tcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 11:17am
Welcome to NPOC
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 12:58pm
Ooh, don't get a great many wagons on here! Fancy popping some pics of the beasty up?Smile

Welcome to NPOC!
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 10:46pm

Hi Steve and a big welcome to NPOCWave 

Just to answer your 2 original Q's..

Yes it's the SR20DE engine in your car your model code is indeed referred as the W11. Your car is also the 144 (face lifted version of the P11), so it's officially a W11 144.

It's been mentioned about you buying the facia kit, so you can upgrade the actual head unit.

Here's an old invoice from one of members, which gives the official part number and prices:

=============================

Parts list & Nissan numbers needed:

x1 "Nav Radio" NKE28399968 £5.40 + vat (I think thats the loom to convert the nissan loom to ISO connections).
x1 "Finisher-Radio" N280749f500 - Facia Plate. £8.30 + vat
x1 "Switch Assy-ha" N252909f500 - Hazard Switch £6.40 + vat

And he also did a photo how to on fitting, found here:

Thumbs%20Up

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
primalife View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primalife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 1:55pm
Thanks all for a great welcome and the info on the Head unit.

Speak soon

Steve
RocketMan View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RocketMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 7:41pm
Hi Steve  Wave Yep the speaker like grills in top of door pillars are sensors fer the alarm

NPOC COTM Winner Feb 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply