Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P12 Ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gillic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P12 Ride
    Posted: 13 May 2007 at 8:29pm
Hi, Got a 05 Reg 2.2dCi SVE hatch. Really pleased with the car especially the toys. The only disappontments are the hard ride and poor fuel consumption (for a diesel).  Is this a common knowledge?  Will I find any solutions from club forums? Thanks. Gillic
nordic scooby View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordic scooby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 8:36pm
hi welcome to the club m8 dont know alot about p12's myself but some one will be able to tell you more about them  enjoy the club its greatThumbs%20Up
ever seen scooby run!

NPOC BEST IN SHOW N SHINE 2007 (cheers peeps)
jon88si View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon88si Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 9:09pm
Alrite Dude.... welcome along Clap!!!!

not to sure on the P12 myself, however i do know a few people who have got P12... the petrol 2.0ltr is meant to be good mpg. But the diesel i have heard is not so gd.        Nice car though mate.       Thumbs%20Up
Biojoba View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biojoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 9:11pm
Welcome to NPOCThumbs%20Up
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 9:47pm
yes the ride on a p12 is firm compared to say a 406 but i would say its not quite as firm as a vectra (they bluddy knobbly!)
my 2.0 sve auto is better on fuel round town than 2.0 man vectra i had before and i have heard that the diesels are a bit "oliver reid"
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 10:03pm
Hi Gilbert and a big welcome to NPOCClap

In an ideal world you'd have found us before you purchased the P12 and asked some Q's.

Sadly, you're asking the question we've had P12 diesel owners tell us time and time again over the years.... That basically the MPG is pants! It doesn't even come close to Nissan's sales patter figures.

We know that the P12 petrol models are on par with the Derv and even that 1.8 pretol will return better figures.

We've also seen a lot of P12 DCi turbo issues over the years too, it seems to be the weak point on the P12.

Nissan will tell you that the MPG will increase as you clock up miles, which is laughable.

The P12 is a good car, just a shame Nissan covered the Derv models in sales bullshit!

Anyways, enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 8:20am
Welcome to NPOC mate.Smile
m3rlin View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3rlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:21am
welcome along.
denman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:46pm
hi gillic i own a p12 same model as you and yes the mpg isnt what nissan specify but its durable, as to problems ive had a turbo transplant at 24k ,new discs at the same time ecu and recall for handbrake cables mines an 04 model otherwise its perfect lol
 Post Reply Post Reply