Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2009 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June 2009 - NPOC @ Japfest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June 2009 - NPOC @ Japfest
    Posted: 25 May 2009 at 11:33pm
As we make our traditional change to COTM and do a Club Feature instead - This June 2009 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2009 at Castle Combe (held on May 16th), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERSRockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the ClubClap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day.

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there - These will be "in this colour"Smile There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended JapfestThumbs%20Up.

The NPOC have been attending Japfest since 2005 and this was our 5th showing as a club. Having just checked the Meet Archives, I can confirm that our 1st Japfest together, we had just 3 Primeras on display.. Fast forward to current day and we set a new club record - We got into the 50's and that is simply awesomeClap We were one of the biggest clubs in attendance and that is all down to the time and effort you all put in - The NPOC is a major player on the Jap Car Meet scene!!

Quaily: "What can I say......1st Japfest for me and it was fantastic, huge thumbs up to everybody involved, really was a day to remember. Great day, sound company and a big bunch of Prim's thrown in for good measure.  It was certainly one of the biggest club gatherings there. Roll on 2010."

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Castle Combe in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:00 and we took up residence as normal, in the Little Chef car park:

nookie: "Many thanks 2 every 1, my family had a great day! Like I keep saying, what a fantsastic club and a great lot of friends."

NiteW4tcher: "Was great meeting u all... awsome day."

Blue: "It was great to see all the old crowd.. The stand looked really awesome. Top job."

Tom-P10: "An awesome time was had at Japfest again - I'm just gonna say a general thanks and that covers Shaun and the other peeps that organised this and the peeps that brought stuff down for me or just the guys that turned out to Japfest be it the old crew and the newbies that I met - Our cars where looking hawt! - NPOC is the best."

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Primeras and convoy to the circuitThumbs%20Up Here we all are, queued up and waiting to get in, this was actually our biggest ever club convoy to date:

doz_SR20: "Me and the girlfriend enjoyed it, was great fun, thanks to everyone for organising and making it a good day."

Once inside we lined up and took our official place on the NPOC Club Stand. It was nice to see a prime position and as you'll see from these photos, we got a lot of passers by!

GT_Andy: "Thanks to all for a great day, i really enjoyed it despite the random weather - i still managed to get nicely sun-burnt! Was really good to see lots of the old-skool NPOC'ers plus lots of new faces too! Some really fancy new Primeras in the club now too, some great modding going on and some great projects in the pipeline for many members. Looking forward to the next meet already!"

big daddy461: "Fantastic day guys even the mrs enjoyed it lol cant wait 4 next year."

There was plenty to see and do at Japfest 2009 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public) and off course some of the awesome drift demosRockon Here's a look at some of that:

dyp: "Brilliant day, some proper fast cars out on the track. Good turn out by the Club, was good to meet a few more people face to face."

ragt20: "Was another cool JF meet....weather was typical of JF, wet early in the morning, than dries up and becomes a good day... was great to meet all the regulars again, and a lot of the new guys... also the ones coming from miles away, shows the love for the club... had a top day....looking forward to the next meet already...."

Let's have an individual look at all the members cars on our Club Stand and throw their names into the spotlightBow%20Down:

SJMX:

P12DMR:

big daddy461:

gibsonmandela:

mrdudley99:

Rodney: "Wicked day! Nice to meet a lot more of you - Good turn out and a lot of great cars, respect to all that showed up."

EVOGT:

doz_SR20:

Rodney:

nordic scooby:

James:

james-sr20: "Been back 20 mins I haven't slept for 36 hours and I'm having a well earned corona lol, my japfest was brilliant."

peetee:

Ross:

sprint:

Sam:

Ross: "Was great to see everyone out yesterday. A great day out and some great looking prims too."

NiteW4tcher:

riggsy99:

Tom-P10:

Bford:

james-sr20:

cornishprimmie:

P11-SLX: "My japfest in words. FUNKING FANTASTIC, had a great time." 

Tran$porter:

GT_Andy:

StonyRay:

Quaily:

James: "Just woken up after heading straight to bed last night (The two cans of NOS energy drink couldn't keep me going that long!!) 1st Japfest with the NPOC, certainly didn't disappoint!"

GT Janner:

Demon_Driver:

essNchill:

Mad Ax:

dyp:

bigsydney:

Tran$porter: "It was our first Japfest and had a totally Awsome time. Again it was great to meet all of you guys, it deserves respect that you all put sooo much effort into these really lovely cars again. I really am proud to be a part of this most AWSOME group of people!!! See you all next time."

SPEEDFREAK:

yogi:

RocketMan:

GtR142:

mrdudley99: "A big thanks to everone who turned out to Japfest and made the most of it even in the rain, a good day."

Dan:

col_welsh1986:

P11-SLX:

barrakuda:

naughtynorm:

Angel1:

Quaily: "This was my very first Japfest and it didn't disappoint, great members make this a fantastic place to be. I love the fact that everyone are like family and close friends which goes to show how much of an offline presence NPOC is, hugs galore, sense of humours a plenty (dry and rife),  fantastic club."

stonegrey:

nookie:

peachyquaver:

col_welsh1986: "Thanks to everyone for a great day!!!!! Was really good to meet everyone again and some new faces. Thanks to Shaun and all the staff for making today possible."

barrakuda: "Had a cracking day."

Now being a big club, we occasionally have times when our members want to come to Club Meets but their Primeras want to stay at homeLOL Or even still and a big credit to this club, we have members who used to be Primera owners, who no longer own a Primera but are still very much part of the clubClap I guess what I'm trying to say here is... Members 1st, cars 2nd!! So let's have a look at the other members who were on the stand but not in a Nissan Primera:

nabber:

ragt20:

James Inglis:

Ant-Dat:

shade:

Carl (members guest):

essNchill: "My thanks to all of you who showed out. The cars were awsome as always! Nice to see the new faces / members and always a pleasure to catch up again with ye oldie ones. You guys make this club the success is it - WELL DONE"

shade: "Awesome, as ever!"

doz_SR20: "All the cars look great! A few of my mates from back home had a look around the NPOC stand too and they where all impressed with everyones motas!"

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to one of our members as well - He was at Japfest representing the NPOC but on a different standClap We were asked to put forward a club car for the Meguiars Main Feature Stand and so we picked a mighty fine and boosted Nordic P11 GTLE, belonging to JC#79

He did us proud on the day and his car some a lot of interested people having a look in - This was his car, on the Meguiars Stand - Many thanks mateyStar:

stonegrey: "What a fantastic day, my first Japfest. As always, there were some absolutely fantastic cars on display.. Nice to see everyone else again, and meet some new people too."

If Top Gear can have a dog (where's it gone BTW?).. So can we, so a big welcome to NPOC dog, MaxRockon

riggsy99: "Cracking day had by all. Shame about the weather. Some fantastic cars and a great turn out by the NPOC!!!"

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster:

Demon_Driver: "Fantastic day, sooo tired now though. Hope everyone got home ok and had as great a day as me."

GT Janner: "Well twas a great turn out, got to meet some new faces and some other nutters too lol. Was great to convoy up in 3 stages made the journey quite pleasant! Was great meeting more of u guys today, every year is better than the last."

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars:

SJMX: "Thank you for a great day, it was great to see you all again and I felt really welcomed. I'm glad I bought the nordic back now! Everyones cars are looking great and its made me want to do more to mine again! Thanks!"

Lurch: "Cheers all for a wicked day as always..."

So we've seen the Nissan Primeras, the track action, the drift gods and some of the best cars dotted around on other club stands.. Guess we need to check out some of the advertising girliesBig%20smile Not that personally I pay much attention but it has to be said, the quality (and number) of these lovely ladies was a mahooosive improvement on previous yearsCool:

Angel1: "I had a fantastic time. I commented that there were so many lovely lovely primeras representing the club.. Top day with a great bunch... Just gets better and better."

Mark: "Had a great day guys!"

I'm gonna hand over to our official Club Meets Organiser now, for the final word on the day and to close this feature:

Sluffer: "Wow, what another cracking NPOC weekend. Yet another cracking day, the weather in typical Japfest tradition started off a bit poo but improved as we started getting into the swing of things. I was pleased that once again The NPOC had turned out in force and the quality of our cars is a credit to you all."

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

June 2009 COTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2009

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply