Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2005 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

April 2005 - Capoerista (P10)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April 2005 - Capoerista (P10)
    Posted: 16 Jun 2007 at 12:36am

Congratulations go to Mike (Capoeirista) for winning Car of the Month for April 2005.

Yet another P10 taking the honour, this time a gorgeous Cobalt blue SRi.

Congrats Mike, how does it make you feel to take the honour?

I am extremely chuffed really.

Great stuff, can you start by telling us a bit about yourself and what you like to do in your spare time?

I am a sporty sort of guy who does Capoeira which is a cross between a dance and a Martial art, it keeps my damaged bones and joints from freezing up too much (one too many motorcycle crashes). I also do a lot of gardening and as my wife is an Arts Manager, I get to go to a lot of dance performances too. Also a hill walking and photography freak on occasions too. Oh, and I like some spirited driving occasionally too.

Cheers Mike, is this your first Primera and what made you buy your first?

Yes it is my first Primera, my last car was a 420 rover, quite fast but cornered like poo, it was written off by a woman who just pulled out in front of me from a T -junction. I then went to blackbushe Auction and all the cars I had shortlisted were going for silly money, This one looked good and a decent price too.

You?ve been around on NPOC for ages, were you around at the start?

Almost, NPOC was a free site funded out of Kevs pocket, but the hosting and bandwidth issues soon put a stop to that as it grew. I first found NPOC through a web search for servicing information. I had only pepped up motorbike engines before, all my other cars were kept std. Been a member for years!

We know you're a technical guy, can you tell us some of the tech spec of your car?

It has clear side repeaters (thanks Shaun), a Hotshot header, a 2.25 powerflow exhaust with as much resonator as I could fit, but still hampered by a std backbox. I have some Thermoblock spacers sitting on the shelf waiting for warmer weather before fitting them. I have P11 front brakes and Nissan 16" 11 spoke wheels. I have some leather seats on order, still waiting to collect. It has an eGT inlet cam fitted too.

What are thermoblock spacers??!!

They reduce the heat leak from the cylinder head to the inlet tract. This means that the air going in is cooler which allows more air/fuel in which will give more power. The slight lengthening of the tract will improve the top end response, and the longer length of the whole tract should slightly help the bottom end so it should help the whole powerband really.

Any idea what sort of power it pushes now Mike?

Not really, I prefer to guess, as if I knew for certain I would be obliged to tell the insurance company. What I can say is that the hotshot header gave the single biggest improvement to the car.

Can you let us in on any secrets, any plans in development?

A cobalt blue skyline is figuring heavily in my dreams ( the bits I can talk about in public anyway) I would dearly love to do a serious all-motor number but without a garage to work in its just not going to happen for a while.

Mmm cobalt Skyline!! What sort of driver are you then Mike and who is the lady in the photo?

Fairly fast but usually quite cautious if there are other cars around. The lady in the photo is my wife, Sirkka.

Thanks so much Mike, feel free to give some shouts and thank anyone whom has helped you on your way:

Much too many to mention, they all know who they are, there has been lots of encouragement and ideas of what to do to the car. The people I have chatted with at meets have helped keep me motivated for our underrated cars, lets face it the car is quite cheap to buy but to get a lot of power out of it takes a lot of effort.

Thanks a lot Mike, it's been a pleasure. Congratulations again from all at NPOC.

Car of the Month April 2005 - Mike (Capoeirista) P10 Cobalt Blue SRi

Written by Stevie-Boy

Post Reply Post Reply