Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 DCI Cleaning EGR valve?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screem_rus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 DCI Cleaning EGR valve?
    Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 2:47pm

Please short instruction from those you know or did it before////

edk_N16 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Edwardo Del Dervo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edk_N16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 3:11pm
Ok well I didnt go as far as removing the whole EGR valve as that involves new gaskets I think plus undoing a few bolts that were so tight I nearly rounded one off with a torque wrench! Need a proper hex socket rather than the spline ones. I will update this thread when I get the chance to fully remove it...

Engine off. EGR valve unplugged. Undo the 4 screw on the top of the valve (you'll where it's located in the next two pics):
Pic.1

Pic.2

When you lift off the top plastic motor that controls the valve this is what you'll see:
Pic.3

Then when you take off the metal block it's this:
Pic.4

Basically what I did was get a cloth and lots of clutch cleaner and sprayed it everywhere in the valve. Puching the valve up and down via the circle of metal on a spring in the last pic there. Be carefull when reassembling that the metal hooks (pic.3) fix correctly over the disc in pic.4.

Inlet Manifold Cleaning & underside of EGR valve

The way to get to the underside without removing the whole thing is to use Wynns Aerosol EGR cleaner. It cleans the inside of the intake manifold too which can get very caked up with soot and gunk from the exhuast getting pumped through.

Here's what it can look like without cleaning Shocked and I'd imagine the EGR valve can get equally caked up. To use the spray download the instructions on Wynns website. Aerosol cans go for about £6 and are well worth it.

renrut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renrut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 12:30pm
Nice guide that. And its nice to see what the intake manifold looks like, didnt realise that the 2 runners were different shapes!

Like the oil catch tank too, has that helped keep the intake cleaner than before?

Think something important to point out is that for the P12 its in the same place but is covered over by the cowl, to get good access you should remove the cowl first, but you can kind of get to it anyway.
Now enjoying wafty effortless power.
screem_rus View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screem_rus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 2:21pm

fantastic! Thank you very much indeed!

edk_N16 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Edwardo Del Dervo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edk_N16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 2:39pm
You're very welcome Thumbs Up

Cheers Will. Well the oil collected in the tank on my last check suggests it is keeping things clean. I havnt checked the pipes yet though.
jimbo morgan View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:37pm
veay good sofe but i have primera p11 20L sport is not good for  MPG can u help
jimbo m
dombi555 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dombi555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 10:47am
miggy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 5:39pm
Hi i have a p12 2.2dci 2004 model cleaned my egr valve put it back together went for a drive engine management light came on like its went to limp mode any ideas . Had lack of power before done suction control valve last year fuel filter was changed last sept with a service
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 8:46am
Have a look in our how to section for the procedure to manually read the error code
miggy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:37am
Got a hold of a machine says its the maf always had a idling problem with the car done the earth rear lights and gearbox when i done the fuel filter last time it was full of black sludge cheers timeshock
 Post Reply Post Reply