Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2010 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June 2010 - NPOC @ Japfest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June 2010 - NPOC @ Japfest
    Posted: 28 May 2010 at 3:18am
As we make our traditional change to COTM and do a Club Feature instead - This June 2010 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2010 at Castle Combe (held on May 15th), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERSRockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the ClubClap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal COTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your wordsClap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there - These will be "in this colour"Smile There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended JapfestThumbs%20Up.

The NPOC have been attending Japfest since 2005 and this was our 6th showing as a club. Having just checked the Meet Archives, I can confirm that our 1st Japfest together, we had just 3 Primeras on display.. Fast forward to current day and we set a new club record and that is simply awesomeClap We were one of the biggest clubs in attendance and that is all down to the time and effort you all put in - The NPOC is a major player on the Jap Car Meet scene!!

GaryeGT: "I want to just say that there's not one person that I can say a bad word against! You truly are a lovely bunch of people, very welcoming and fingers crossed it will not be the only time I meet ye lot."

moogymum: "I had a FAB day! The weather was lush and I wet my pants a bit when I saw the drifting in real life as I've only ever seen it on the TV before. It was really nice to put a few faces to names today."

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Castle Combe in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:00 and we took up residence as normal, in the Little Chef car park:

peetee: "I wanted to add my thanks, especially to everyone who made my son feel so welcome as he was a bit unsure what to expect having never been to a meet before but said to me that "them people in your club are well cool", which believe me is a compliment from him!! It was great to see some old friends and meet new faces too - Sorry if I didnt get to speak to everyone but we had such a big showing from club members. I must have missed loads of peeps!! The weather was awesome, driftin was good but it was the company that made the day!!"

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Nissan Primeras and convoy to the circuitThumbs%20Up

yogi: "Had a fantastic Japfest again! Great to meet up with the regulars and meet some new faces."

Mark: "Japfest once again was great!! I think next time a stop over the night before and after is in order. Sounds like lots of fun was to be had after a few 'moose heads'! It was great to meet up with you guys again, can't wait for the next meet."

Once inside we lined up and took our official place on the NPOC Club Stand. It was nice to see a prime position and as you'll see from these photos, we got a lot of passers by!

twelve: "Great weather, great company, great cars. Japfest was... ok I guess. Kidding it was awesome. Best day out for a good long time."

RocketMan: "What a cracking Japfest! Weather was brill and there was a few more Primeras than last year. All in all a damn fine weekend"

There was plenty to see and do at Japfest 2010 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public) and off course some of the awesome drift demosRockon Here's a look at some of that:

^^ That's a rather nice Green P11 Nissan Primera, leading them up the hill.... More on that laterSmile^^

James: "Good to put a few more names to faces as always, the weather was glorious too, couldn't have asked for better, I now have my patented "car show sunburn" on the neck and arms!! Japfest seems to get better each year too!"

Let's have an individual look at all the members cars on our Club Stand - Guys and gals, your cars all looked fantasticBow%20Down:

Demon_Driver: "Japfest was mint! Was great to see familiar faces and old faces and the non-Primera section, which re-affirms the members first, cars second club stance."

EVOGT: "It was a great day even though I had to bugger off at 2 PM, got bloody sunburnt too LOL. I never got to speak to everyone I wanted to. The standard of everyones car is still very high!"

riggsy99: "Great japfest again. Great company and was brilliant to see all the regulars and some new faces too. Big respect to Laurens for taking the Primera out on the track, as well as making the mahoosive journey from Holland and respect to the Irish guys for making the journey over too."

sprint: "Have to say of the three Japfest's I've been to now, today was the best by far, the weather helped a great deal with that but the members are what makes it."

shade: "Yup, another great japfest. Yet again Josh had me walking here, there and everywhere. Awesome!"

Rodney: "Fantastic day even though I left at 13.45 - I was knackerd because I had only had 3 hours sleep since 6am yesterday, followed by a 600mile round trip! Nice to meet more members in person and respect to the Irish guys and Laurens for making the huge trip over here."

NiteW4tcher: "Awesome day! Once again, a great day out!"

Ross: "I had a great day out. Was good to meet all the regulars and some of the others I've never met before."

naughtynorm: "Cracking day, cracking people, big thanks!"

Ant-Dat: "Good to see you all again, had a good day. The night before we met up with a few at the White Lion in Yate, had a good laugh and chat!"

Ollierockk: "Laura and I had a fantastic time yesterday, was a really good day out! I got to meet a few of the members which was nice. The drifting was awsome!"

MysticMike: "Was a really good day. It was a long day and was lovely and warm, caught the sun. Lots of friendly people again. Good day had by everyone!"

Jonny-Young: "Awesome meet Guys thanks to all the members who made it (too many to name) had a great day, just a shame I crashed out early as I was going out with Rich for a few drinks but that never happened. Just got back so thanks. Big respect to all the staff for organising this and sorting everything out."

Now being a big club, we occasionally have times when our members want to come to Club Meets but their Nissan Primeras want to stay at homeLOL Or even still and a big credit to this club, we have members who used to be Primera owners, who no longer own a Primera but are still very much part of the clubClap I guess what I'm trying to say here is... Members 1st, cars 2nd!! So let's have a look at the other members who were on the stand but not in a Nissan Primera:

Japsniper: "On behalf of myself and tickermetcalfe - WHAT A NICE DAY AND NICE PEOPLE! Nice to chat to alot of guys for the first time, deffo going to more events later this year, whatever they may be!"

doz_SR20: "It was a great day, both Sammi and I enjoyed it as per usual, my two mates who came too couldnt believe how big NPOC is, they both drive Swedish whips and recently went to a Swedish motor show and said that NPOC would have made up nearly half of their entire show! Got to have a good chat with a few of you which was nice, sorry if I didnt get chance to say hi. Thanks to Shaun and all the people behind the scenes sorting this event out, well worth it!"

truckingracer: "What a great day was good to put faces to names & finally meet you!"

roy.2: "It was a great day.Thanks to the NPOC team."

Angel1: "I had a fantastic day... again a little sunburnt.  It was really great to see lots of old faces and some new ones.  Just proves we aren't scary!"

And for the 1st time ever, as well as the Nissan Primeras and our members other cars, we had a motorbike.... It was however Jap (so we can dig itLOL):

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to one of our members as well!! I mentioned up top about the green P11 on the track, well that belongs to one of our overseas club members "DaMasterPnut, who drove all the way over from the Netherlands, to join usClap - Here's a little spotlight for him, out on track:

Many thanks for making the journey Laurens & MichaelClap

Also a shout out here for all of you who took on massive miles, to get out for the day - We were represented by The Wales, Scotland, Ireland and England and off course (as above) Holland!!

Blue: "I had a brill time! Really good to see some of the old crowd once again as well as some of the new faces! Really pleased to meet the Irish crew at last, albeit briefly. Couldn't believe it when I saw Laurens' car on the stand, and then to see it out on the track! Brilliant! Thanks to Admin & Staff for their fine organizational skills and making sure everything went smoothly."

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster:

barrakuda: "I had a great day yesterday, thanks to all of you who made my mate feel so welcome."

Biojoba: "My highlight was my new hot pink NPOC hoodie, I love it! But it's always nice to see you all too, glad you all seemed to have a great time."

DENNYBOY: "Thanks to everyone for such a great day, had a great time even though I was up a fooking stupid o'clock. The drifting was superb! A massive thanks to Shaun, Ade and G and anyone else involved in organising this meet as it was epic!! The stand looked fantastic and the everyones cars are first class."

Another look at some group shots, showing the mighty NPOC StandRockon:

johnbr6: "IMO, this is the best EVER weekend I have ever, ever had. JAE was one thing, this was another!!!! It wasn't just about Japfest from where I was. The two nights before and after were beyond brilliant, couldn't have asked for a better all round weekend."

Gizz: "Big respect to Shaun and other staff members for putting a truly massive weekend together. This was my first Japfest and long may they continue."

WeatherWitch: "What can I say - Bloody Fantastic!"

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars:

Sluffer: "Fantastic weekend, I can't thank you all enough for making it another truly succesful event. A big massive respect to all those that travelled from afar, especially Gaz, Eoin, Laurens & Mick for jumping on boats at crossing the Irish Sea and English Channel, to spend the time with us at Japfest. Also massive respect to Laurens for getting a Primera out on track! It was great meeting up with the usual crew and meeting some new people, I still don't think I met you all, our stand was awesome and the quality of our club cars is simply astounding."

JC#79: "What an amazing meet, yes it was just that because you all make it as such. Thanks go out to you all for my Birthday card, I was touched. You guys made the weekend a great one & thanks to you all, especially the organisers & those who hit the town afterwards in what was a cracking night even if the alcohol was flowing a tad too well."

Joe_Blob: "This was an enjoyable show. It was great to meet and catch up with folks I met!"

oz80: "Just want to thank NPOC for letting me part of the meet. Saw some lovely examples of the very underrated Nissan Primera & hope to get too some more meets."

aryzalp: "I had a wicked day but spent most of it watching what was happening on the track rather than hanging out on the stand. Now I feel bad at how many people I never got a chance to speak to! Sorry about that - It was great to speak to the people I did chat to and nice to meet some guys for the first time. Very cool to see a Primera out on the track as well!"

So we've seen the Nissan Primeras, the track action, the drift gods and some of the best cars dotted around on other club stands.. Guess we need to check out some of the advertising girliesBig%20smile, as has become tradition, where there's skirt, there's Tom and his lovely P10Ninja:

Tom-P10: "Basically ive been to many Japfests and this was my favourite! Always great when NPOC gets out there and represents so strongly at these events!  Was an awesome day and great to see all my mates and to meet some new peeps! The biggest thanks have togo out to the guys behind the scenes who made this all happen - thanks peeps!"

ragt20: "Was a smashing meet, one of the best for weather for a loooooong time. It was great to hook up with all the regulars again and a lot of noobs, or "meet noobs". Great to see the turnout for NPOC get better and better over the years, now hopefully with Laurens opening the door for track action for the Primeras, hopefully over the next couple of years we have more Primeras on the track!"

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

June 2010 COTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2010

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply