Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera P12 boot lock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themurphs6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera P12 boot lock
    Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 6:13pm
My bootlock has decided it wants to remain locked, when I press the remote to unlock all the doors, the boot remains locked. On the dash, I have the door open light is on constant and in the centre display screen the door open light flashes on and off when I start the engine.Has any one got any ideas, I have tried to climb inside the boot and remove the plastic covers over the lock but it appears the door has to be open to remove them.
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 11:29pm
can you unlock boot from drivers door- remember you need to hold button down for a couple of secs
L70EEW View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote L70EEW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 10:05pm

If you have a hatchback model you can climb into the boot space once you drop the back seats down and you will be able to release the boot lock manually. In the lower middle of the lock assembly there is a narrow slot that you can fit a small screwdriver into. There is a small lever that will slide to the left and release the lock. Everything should return to normal operation once opened.

I had this same problem several months ago and have no idea how or why it happened.

Section 2-10 in the handbook does cover this fortunately.

Hope this helps.
themurphs6 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themurphs6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 1:23pm
Thanks, found the lever, door open again. Thats 2 successfull fixes without the delership prices, thanks to NPOC members
ic3y View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ic3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 6:53pm
thanks for that guys i have managed to open it from the inside, checked fuses they are ok
but the warning light is still saying door open, and the boot wont open in the normal ways.
i assume i am looking at a new boot sensor thingy?

can anyone advise

cheers guys

Ic3y
Tran$porter View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tran$porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 8:20am
Now then, mine has done exactly the same thing on several occasions.  I noticed if i hit a bump in the road the booot lamp comes on and the boot is locked.  After a few days driving i notice the boot ratteling around at the back, so i stop, get out and shut it and all is well until the next bump!!

We need to get to the bottom of this guys, please help!

"All men die! Some never live" - '54 P12
themurphs6 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themurphs6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 10:41am
When you open the boot, slide the locking mechanism open / closed a few times and press lock and unlock on key fob a few times before shutting the boot. I do this and it seems to clear the problem, hope it works.
Stoatwblr View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoatwblr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:04pm

This will happen if the interior light fuse is blown. Double check it.

Post Reply Post Reply