Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2011 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June 2011 - NPOC @ Japfest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June 2011 - NPOC @ Japfest
    Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:25am
As we make our traditional change to COTM and do a Club Feature instead - This June 2011 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2011 at Castle Combe (held on May 14th), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERSRockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the Club - THANK YOUClap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal COTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your wordsClap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there - These will be "in this colour"Smile There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended JapfestThumbs%20Up.

The NPOC have been attending Japfest since 2005 and this was our 7th showing as a club. Having just checked the Meet Archives, I can confirm that our 1st Japfest together, we had just 3 Primeras on display.. LOOK AT US NOW!Clap We were one of the biggest clubs in attendance and that is all down to the time and effort you all put in - The NPOC is a major player on the Jap Car Meet scene!!

peetee: "Cracking day as usual, bit blowy early on but hot on the stand - Great to catch up with folks again!."

shurv: "Was a great meet, thanks to all those that made this meet possible! Thanks to everyone else for makin it such a good time."

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Castle Combe in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:00 and we took up residence as normal, in the Little Chef car park:

MysticMike: "Had a cracking day.. Bloody knackered and sunburnt but was a good day!"

Ray_Ray280: "Well I had a good day, got sunburnt and met a few new faces."

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Nissan Primeras and convoy to the circuitThumbs%20Up

katielauren: "Home safe and sound - We had an awesome day thank you to everyone for being lovely as usual. Tip Top Day.... looking forward to the next big meet!"

Wenchybev: "Thank you to everyone who took the time to come over and talk to us and make us feel welcome. Was really nice meeting you all."

Once inside we lined up and took our official place on the NPOC Club Stand... A new location this year, with some pros and some cons!

edk_N16: "Great day had yet again, with the usual excellent weather. I did have a good look at most of the cars and I was pleased to see the usual high standard from NPOC. So well done everyone."

There was plenty to see and do at Japfest 2011 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public) and off course some of the awesome drift demosRockon Here's a look at some of that:

naughtynorm: "Another enjoyable day, thanks to all who spoke to me."

Let's have an individual look at all the members cars on our Club Stand - Guys and gals, your cars all looked fantasticBow%20Down:

dopeygti: "Was nice to meet a few of you for the first time! Was a really good day and can't wait till next year."

bigsydney: "I had a good day!"

Jonny-Young: "This was a mega show. Had a great day chatting to old/new members and fitting a couple of mods."

doug: "Had a great day thanks!"

HeavyMetalP11: "I enjoyed myself yesterday. Saw some really good track action, both from the Primera's doing the club proud and the drifting was great too."

madmancrock: "A great weekend, really enjoyed Japfest, bought some stuff to add to my car which hopefully some of you will see at the next meet, weather was pretty good as the rain held off but even though it was quite chilly in the wind at times, I still managed to catch the sun on my bald head!! Sorry if i didnt get to speak to everyone there but there was soooo much to see that I spent alot of the day eyeing up those lush cars and looking for any bargains and watching the racing / drifting etc. Enjoyed the evening with good food ,good company and good lager then crashed out in my hotel room.  Still a great time had though and look forward to the next meet."

riggsy99: "Had a fantastic time yesterday. It was good to meet up with the usual suspects and also to see many new faces, sorry I didn't get round to saying hi to everyone! I had a bit of a busy day washing, polishing and helping other members on here with their cars. A big thanks to everyone for making it such a good day."

huugoo: "I've had a wonderful weekend with you NPOC guys! The Castle Combe circuit was great fun to drive, awesome!"

johnbr6: "I would like to thank all that made this weekend such a great one for me and my friend, Joz felt really welcome and he enjoyed the banter.

The event itself, the weather held up for the second year now (so that's both times I've been LOL). Cars on the NPOC stand all looked tops and nice to shake hands and meet some of the newer members.

What a fantastic weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it!"

Japsniper: "Super day, super guys n girls (although I didn't meet everybody) and super track! What more can one say but well done Shaun and the staff for setting this all up."

DaMasterPNut: "At the Pre-Meet, it was great to see those familiar faces again after a year! I like this kind of traditions. 

All of a sudden everybody hopped into their cars and headed to Castle Combe. Great to drive in a big line of Primera's. 

The best part of the Saturday was when we crossed the finish line after the last lap. I braked so Wouter could drive next to me. Two Dutch track Primera's, driving alongside at Castle Combe circuit. It felt like a small parade-lap. We honked and drove slowly around the track. I could see people cheering and waving. Awesome feeling! Wout and I were putting our thumbs up to each other."

RocketMan: "Had a great day out at Japfest..... Nice to meet old friends and newcomers."

toggy: "I had an awesome time, this being the first time to a show with you guys."

Ant-Dat: "Had a great weekend, much better doing it over a 2 nights rather than just the one. Saturday was a nice chilled out day."

Gizz: "Had another top NPOC weekend! Thanks for the banter and the memories. Respect for those that took to the track. I can't wait for the next one."

Angel1: "I had a great time. Best yet! Was great to hug everyone again. It was great meeting some of the newbs and sorry I didn't get around to meeting you all. It was great to see the Primeras out on the track.  Loved it when the lads gave the "other" cars a run for their money.  Great driving guys!"

Tom-P10: "Great to start the car show season off with Japfest! It was awesome to see all you guys and sorry I didn't manage to speak to you all! Pretty sure I missed a load of the newer members so will have to deal with that at Peterborough & JAE etc."

Mad Maru: "Was great to see some good old friends. Was great to meet some of the new faces and I am sorry if I missed anyone. In summary a great weekend, a right laugh and please can we do it all again next year pretty please?"

Sluffer: "Was a nice meet! Great to be able to catch up with the regulars, the not so regulars and the new members, sorry if I didn't get to meet everyone. Thanks to everyone for the weekend."

Now being a big club, we occasionally have times when our members want to come to Club Meets but their Nissan Primeras want to stay at homeLOL Or even still and a big credit to this club, we have members who used to be Primera owners, who no longer own a Primera but are still very much part of the clubClap I guess what I'm trying to say here is... Members 1st, cars 2nd!! So let's have a look at the other members who were on the stand but not in a Nissan Primera:

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to some of our members as well!! 3 Nissan Primeras on track and representingClap - Here's a little spotlight for those guys (Japsniper / Red P11, Huugoo / Maroony P11 and DaMasterPNut / Green P11) out on track:

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster:

Another look at some group shots, showing the mighty NPOC StandRockon:

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars:

So we've seen the Nissan Primeras, the track action, the drift gods and some of the best cars dotted around on other club stands.. Guess we need to check out some of the advertising girliesNinja:

A final note from myself - This is YOUR Club, you guys and girls make it the huge success it is. My big personal thanks to all of you who made this meet. The standard of cars was exceptional as always and the standard of members even better! It's a pleasure to be able to spend a day with you all. You make the NPOC and you make me proud - Thank you! Shaun

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

June 2011 COTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2011

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply