Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2007 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

August 2007 - NPOC @ JAE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August 2007 - NPOC @ JAE
    Posted: 26 Jul 2007 at 10:05pm
NPOC @ JAE - East of England Showground
19th-21st July 2007

Introduction

Could you believe it, another year gone by since JAE 2006?  Well here we were again, NPOC at JAE and boy what a show it was!!  This year, we had a massive 100 car stand making us one of the biggest clubs at the event, well done everyone!!

JAE has it all, two nights of camping, a chance to meet fellow members or catch up with ones you know, seeing the cars in the flesh, a chance to see other clubs and cars and of course, wonderfully expensive cornish pasties!!

Not even the weather could stop us this year but it certainly tried!!  The rain lashed down especially on Saturday evening but we took it in our stride, even with our stand starting to get a little flooded and some tents being ruined, the spirit was strong!!  I still managed to get burnt on the Sunday of course, it's not JAE unless I go home with a bit of sunburn!!

There is no other show like JAE for feeling that event vibe, the second you come to the gates, you know you've arrived and you know you're part of something special.  Whether this was your first JAE, you've been to them all or you never made it this year, I hope you enjoy this feature and it goes some way to summing up the show.  Read on and enjoy!

Favourite Moments

This year instead of member reviews, I've gone for quotes of favourite moments instead.  Look out throughout this feature for quotes from members documenting their top moments from JAE, in blue italic text like this:

"Mine had to be Nikc's speech on receiving the award for best 144, thanking uncle Robin, bought a tear to my eye". (Dan)

"Gotta be nabber frightening the crap outta Phil by yelling *BANG* whenever Phil got near the gas stove..... so funny!" (Waterbaby999)

The Cars

Our stand would be nothing without our cars and you brought them out in force.  It was clear to see that everyone had worked hard to show out in style for themselves and the club, we salute you!!  It was awesome to see so many cars of all different styles, no two looked the same which was superb to see.  Disappointing this year to have no P12 on the stand, where were you twelve army, we demand to see some next year??!!

With no further ado, we can take a look at our cars, look out for yours!

And who could forget Ades stunning GTR:

A fantastic array of cars there, you did yourselves proud Clap.

"The prize for the most modded standard car, Shaun pointed out mine was modded but still looked a standard car,you guys dont know how happy I am when I won it, I was nearly crying when I phoned home to tell her" (NaughtyNorm)

"Mine has to be taking Stevie out for a blast in the GTR, doing some pretty serious speeds on the dual carriageway, going past a plod and then gettin asked at the JAE gate "why have you got NPOC plates on when it's a Skyline?"

Yup, I forgot all about my showplates!" (Shade)

Barbeque / Food / Chilling

One of the best things we promote at JAE is a relaxed style and to minimise the need for funding Turpins burger van too!  This year, everyone chucked in an extra tenner and this paid for Saturday evenings food, a stack of pop and booze, Sundays breakfast and my favourite, unlimited tea and coffee, awesome!!

"Best bits for me were sitting with Gaz, Stevie, Disco and Norm and chatting and just ending up pissing ourselves laughing.

Other bits I really enjoyed were walking around the stands with various NPOC clarts.  Deffo got to say the bit where Shaun got his picture was priceless, on of the best moments for me that was. I really hated the fact that the rain chose that moment to start really hammering down so no bugger could hear owt" (Blue)

"For me had to be Crazys chilli.....or was it the burgers and sausage oh shit what about the 4 bacon barms endless amounts of beer and all the great company.  BTW thanks to all the peeps who organized this, cooked the food and cleaned up after us you deserve a fookin medal" (Derek)

Swingball Tournament

Ah, the mighty Swingball tournament!  If you entered this, well done!  If you won a game, huge well done!!  I wonder exactly how many of us figured this would be easy and then once in the game, found it very difficult to make that bat hit that ball!  Who kept giving Nabber the bat with the hole in it WinkBig%20smile.  Hugely enjoyable, loads of fun to play and watch.

Congratulations go to Jamie for winning the tournament, that boy can hit a ball!!  I had been disappointed to lose to Jamie so badly in my first round match but on reflection, losing to the champ is okay with me!!  Here are some quality moments to enjoy once again.

"Fave moment was Niks speech, very nice touch.  Loved going out in the GTR and the showplates made it even better!  Just seeing everyone again was awesome, crying laughing talking to Matt on Saturday night was minter!" (Stevie)

Trophies

One of my favourite parts of JAE is the presentation ceremony.  It's a superb way to give some credit to those who are really on the top of their game and going that extra mile in doing what they do.  Thanks to the rain, the presentations were made packed inside the gazeebo this year and it really was a special occassion.  Seeing the look on the faces of the winners said it all, you knew that each and every one of them was blown away by the fact that their fellows members picked them out on top.  Trophies were presented once again by Shaun.  If you won a trophy this year, a massive well done to you, they don't come easy.  If you didn't, get stuck in and we'll see you next year right?  Behold the winners:

Best P10 was awarded to Dan for glorious P10 Turbo.  Radically changed inside and out, it proved to be popular with our members when it came to voting.  Well done Dan.

The award for Best P11 went to Shaun for his lovely Nordic GTLE.  As modest as he was presenting the award to himself, our members had no worries in picking this as firm favourite.  Well done Shaun.

Defending a title is not an easy job but success came once again to Nik as he took the Best 144 prize again, adding to his 2006 title with his beautiful SE+ impressive our members once again.  Well done Nik.

The award for Best OE / Standard spec this year went to Andy.  His factory look styling is fantastic and appealed to our members voting his superb blue P11 for the award.  Well done Andy.

Everyone was impressed at the beautiful shine and top to bottom cleanliness of this Nordic GTLE belonging to Les.  His countless hours of hard work on this car were repaid with the award for Best Show and Shine.  Well done Les.

The prize for Runner up Best Car in Show went to Nick GT for his fantastic mystic GTSE.   Nicks car went down a storm with the members this year and this was reflected in this fantastic award.  Well done Nick.

There it is, Best Primera in Show this year was awarded to Mike for his awesome mystic P11 GTSE.  You guys were really loving the mystics this year and who could argue with this one, absolutely stunning car.  Well done Mike.

Surprise special trophies were presented to Tom and Nik for the miles they put in during 2007 getting to as many meets as they could.  They are definately 'meet slags' and long may it continue!!

The fabulous swingball championship trophy went to Jamie (Ridcullly) and he thoroughly deserved with some amazing play!!  You really don't want to stand in front of that ball when he hits it!!  Well done Jamie.

The Staff Team at NPOC got together behind the scenes and had this awesome picture of Shauns car sketched, printed and framed to present to him at JAE.  We'd been planning this for a while and managed to keep our mouths shut, well done us!!

Every club needs a figure head, a strong person who can organise, push things forward and really throw themselves into the club head first and for us, that man is Shaun.  From the moment he got involved as a Club Owner, he has tirelessly worked to turn the club around into being what it is today.  From his mountainous task of building this new forum right through to the organising of JAE, he spends endless hours for the good of this club and we are extremely lucky to have him here at NPOC.

This was a way of showing appreciation and thanking him for all of his work, cheers Shaun!

"Just home but cant pin point best moment, had a great weekend despite the weather and it was great meeting everyone, those i had met before and those i hadn't." (Ridcullly)

JAE Show and Shine

The official Show and Shine event is not for the feint-hearted.  If you enter, you are competing with the best of the best.  It's quite likely that in that arena, you'd be parked next to a Skyline that only comes out of the garage for such contests and is so clean, even the air surrounding it is classed as filth, it's a serious game.

Even with that in mind, our boys were amazing and presented their amazingly clean primeras into the arena.

I present to you, MysticMike, NikC and Nordic Scooby:

"Most exciting moment was waking up friday morning and going to pick Becca up.  Funniest has got to be Lee taking a shower! every one laughing, except Lee, his girlfriend and Caroline! Even Shaun started to laugh until Caroline started to tell me off, while patting Lee's face dry with a tea towel." (Crazy Taxi)

Special Moments

In an event such as JAE, there will always be some memorable moments.  I hope I have selected some of the finer moments and that they sum up life with NPOC at a huge event!!

Rob had occupied that chair for so long that someone decided he needed reg plates!

Talk about squirrel jobs!  Come on, who wasn't amazed when G lifted his bonnet and that block was there?!

He said he'd do it and he didn't let us down!!  Ed didn't only bring the blackboard, he bought the chalks too and sportingly let anyone who fancied a doodle, do so on his car!!  Top man, top fun!!

If you spot show girls posing like this near NPOC, chances are they've been summonsed by Tom!!

The rain captured across a mystic taken by Nik.  Awesome picture and a really cool moment.

Nik showing his appreciation for VVL.

Don't go, you've only just got here!

Whose gonna try and get Shaun and Caroline out of the JB then?

Anyone wanting talent for their stands next year, look no further than Andy Evo!!

If you want your car cleaned but have places to go and people to see, draft the experts in, nice work Dan!

Is that Nabber with a can?  Surely not? Big%20smile

Ahoy Captain!!  Uncle Robin is now officially everyones Uncle!!

Run out of cans?  Bars open!!  Nabbs and Col find a fan!

I asked Leigh whether he fancies a P11, at least he laughed!

It comes with us every event, pass on our love won't you Gaz!

Can't beat a good group shot!

Don't think Dave was expecting to spend the night in Toms boot!

I'm really not sure what caption to add to this picture other than nice one Gav and is that naughty Michelin Man doing some bum feeling??!! Big%20smile

"Just meeting all the lovely people and putting names to faces at last." (P12DMR)

Outside of NPOC

Although we love the cracking atmosphere on our own stand, there is a whole show out there!  This feature is about NPOC however, here are a few taster shots of JAE outside of NPOC:

"It was a really good weekend, dont think I could have improved anything...it rained lots but I think that helped in a way because everyone hung around the stand and got to know more people" (Beerygoodness)

Thanks

This section has the potential to be the biggest of all!!

So many who could be thanked for this and hopefully you will all get a mention here.

Firstly, our thanks go to Shaun and Caroline for the masses of work they put into making this event happen in the way it happened.  We all know the effort they put in and we thank them deeply for it.

Big thanks also go to Ade and Gurpal who have spent a lot of time planning JAE and working behind the scenes to make this happen, many thanks to you both.

Huge thanks to Gaz and Dave, our meet boys for their work in arranging the logictics of this meet.  How many knew that Gaz was at the showground two weeks before JAE inspecting our plot and working out car / tent arrangements? Clap

We also thank Shaun, Caroline, Dan and Holly for sticking at that monumental drive on the Friday and making it when any others would have turned and admitted defeat.  Hopefully the cheer they received on arrival showed what that meant to us all!

Colossal thanks to Paul for the food he cooked for us on the Friday night.  Initially faced with a major lack of cooking equipment, he battled on and made three fantastic dishes for us all to eat.  We heard nothing but praise for not just the food but for Paul himself, awesome job.

Big thanks to Steve and Gill for the use of their equipment and their help with the cooking.

Thanks to Dave for the table he added to club funds and also to Nick GT for his amazing donation to the club with his parts auction.

Our thanks go to Nik, Mike and Les for representing our club in the official Show and Shine competition.  They did us and themselves proud and we appreciate that.

Thanks go to Derek for his faith and hard work when we were faced with a pile on the ground also known as our gazebo.  Some were happy to leave this till Saturday, Derek got stuck in and with some handy work, managed to get the gazebo built back up.

Thanks go to Matt, Gaz and Myself (woohoo lol) for storing and transporting 18 cases of booze between us!

Big thanks to Dan and MysticMike for transporting masses of cooking equipment in their cars and to Dan for purchasing and supplying the cutlery for our eating!

At this moment, we spare a thought for Dave who put a stack of work into his car between Japfest and JAE to continue the journey of his amazing GT.  After flying back from France for the show and after trying to get to the show for four hours, the weather finally gained the victory and Dave had to accept he wasn't going to be at JAE 2007.  You were missed and we all have no doubt we'll see you at JAE 2008!

Last but not least, thanks to everyone one of you for turning out and making the event what it was.  No amount of planning can make for a successful event unless everyone turns up and enters into the spirit and has a great time and you all did that. Clap

Summary

Well, that's the end of the feature and I hope you enjoyed a look back over JAE 2007.  Once again the event lived up to a year of hype and all that remains now is for me to sign off and bid you farewell until the next event and of course, here's to JAE 2008.  See you there!!

Feature of the Month August 2007
NPOC @ JAE, East of England Showground
Written by Stevie-Boy
 Post Reply Post Reply