Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Crankshaft Position Sensor Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Crankshaft Position Sensor Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmagroin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Crankshaft Position Sensor Help
    Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 3:02pm
Hi Everyone.
Ihave a problem with the location of the crankshaft position sensor, also how to replace it!!
The garage has informed me that the fault code is p0035 or something like that. which after looking in the service manual is the aforementioned part.
Can any or has anyone any idea of the exact location or has ever replaced 1.
Any information would be a great boon.
Starting to lose the will.....
Thank in advance.. Confused
Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 3:21pm
Taken from the service maual. 

DTC P0335 CKP SENSOR (POS) PFP:23731

Component Description EBS00EOO

The crankshaft position sensor (POS) is located on the cylinder

block rear housing facing the gear teeth (cogs) of the signal plate at

the end of the crankshaft.

It is much better to have loved and lost a sheep, than it is to have never loved one at all.
Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 3:25pm
A pic from the service manual, hope this helps. 

It is much better to have loved and lost a sheep, than it is to have never loved one at all.
strawballs View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawballs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 1:09pm
Good luck getting hold of one of those, just had mine replaced after waiting 3 months for it to arrive from Japan!!
P12 SVE
okuden View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okuden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 12:49pm
hy,
i have changed myself crankshaft sensor after very long searching it's position.
it is a not easy operation, but if you don't hurry it may be a succes.
i found the position of the sensor looking at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=325s0pFQZtg.
my car is primera p12 and it's engine is similar with altima in the video.
good luck
Isaac's Dad View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac's Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 10:38pm
Thanks for the video.
I am having a go at mine tomorrow.
Typical 0335 fault and told it was the timing chain.
It's hopefully the sensor.
Will see how I go and report back with my findings.

If you can't fix it with a hammer and multi tool it's not worth fixing!
SailorBob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailorBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:00pm
I'm hoping someone might have some advice on how to deal with this crankshaft position sensor.  I've got a 2003 P12 QR20DE with the CVT.  I've watched the video linked above, and a few others.

You can see my problem here:

http://https://youtu.be/GMfWoeTaGbg

and here:

http://https://youtu.be/yJqzUuxNqqY

So, the basic problem is that the CKP is directly under the starter, and the rear engine mount almost touches it.  In the workshop manual, the only instructions for removing the CKP are for when the engine has been removed from the car.

This is a bit different than on the 2.5L Altimas and X-Trails which all the videos on-line are for.

I don't see how I can possibly get this thing out without removing that engine mount, but that in itself looks like huge pita since there is a cross member support the engine mount sits on which would also need to be removed.

If anyone has any advice or ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
rotnwolf View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotnwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:24pm
i see its an old thread but i replaced mine today and hard real struggle with pulling the old one out,
then the new one went in so easily im wondering should it be like that ? i mean old one goes out real hard and new one just slides in with no "click"..
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by rotnwolf rotnwolf wrote:

i see its an old thread but i replaced mine today and hard real struggle with pulling the old one out,
then the new one went in so easily im wondering should it be like that ? i mean old one goes out real hard and new one just slides in with no "click"..

That's normal
 Post Reply Post Reply