Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2011 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 2011 - bigsydney (P12)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: November 2011 - bigsydney (P12)
    Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:26am

Congratulations on winning November 2011 COTM Syd! An awesome head turning Nissan Primera P12 and club favourite! I’d firstly like to point out to the members, that you have now joined a very special crew, being only the third person ever to win COTM twice, with 2 different cars. A big well done!  How does it feel bagging this exclusive award and the awesome COTM trophy as well, second time around?

It feels as if all the blood, sweat and TEARS were all worth it in the end. It is a great privilege and honour to be a member of such an exclusive few, that have won it twice. Winning this trophy once was amazing, to win it twice with two totally different cars is outstanding. 

Before we talk cars, modifications and mechanics, we'd love to find out about you the owner. Please tell us all about yourself and what you get up to, away from the NPOC. Have there been any big changes since the last time I asked you this question?

My wife has recently bought me a new camera and I have been going out most nights after work, taking photos of the area around me. I recently got one of my first photos printed in The East Anglian Daily Times. I never totally get away from NPOC, as walking around with my camera I'm always looking and thinking of new ideas for the P12. Most of my spare time is taken up by my sons football and skate parks.

How did you find the NPOC forums and are we any good? Would you happily recommend the club to other Nissan Primera owners? Are we still the number one place for Nissan Primera owners to come?

The forums are excellent and helpful. The fact that I am useless at putting anything on them, is down to me not the forum. I print out about 30 flyers a week and stick them on Nissan Primeras where ever I find one. So, yes I do recommend the club to all Primera owners. Even the Nissan main dealers who service my car are members on NPOC, thanks to me. Well, I can't speak for everyone but for me it is the best and only place to go.

You originally won COTM in October 2008 with your wildly modified P11 144, that car was always a marmite one (you know what I mean here and no offence intended), so here we are again with you winning another COTM feature but with a more subtly styled car. Has old age changed your stance on modifying? Why is this one not “so in your face”?

Due to the fact that nobody makes a marmite bodykit, I had to get it made by a professional bodykit builder that does not do “in your face” kits. If there was an “in your face” bodykit available, it probably would have been fitted by now. So nothing to do with my age, just availability. I like to be different.

A lot of what we see on your Nissan Primera P12 are “one off” custom made parts, is there no audience in the UK for companies to sell aftermarket P12 parts to and why?

I don't think there is a market for custom made kits for the P12 because it is a butt ugly looking car which is made by Renault, but saying that I have had at least 10 – 15 people offer me money for my bodykit!

Would the car be more mental if there were off the shelf parts to buy?

100% yes, but I love the look of it as it is, so thank Christ they don't sell off the shelf parts, so I can create another marmite car.

What was the reason you went for the P12 in the first place, did you have some kind of idea about how it would evolve under your ownership?

I only went for the Nissan Primera P12 because of all the piss taking whenever one drove past. So I was well up for the challenge of making it a more loved car within the club, and not a Renault with a Nissan badge.

Ever tempted by a Nissan Primera P11, we know there are a lot of parts available nowadays, both cosmetically and power wise?

Yes, everytime I saw your old Nordic GT and when I see “ragt20” and “Neilistic”s Mystics and now your new car, Pinky.

On to the modifications, now would be a great time to tell us all about your sweetaz Nissan Primera P12! So please list your full spec and all modifications, inside and out:

Custom made front bumper

Custom made sideskirts

Custom made engine cover

Carbon fibre look door pillars

Aftermarket Boot spoiler

Headlight protectors

Wind deflectors

Tinted windows and sunstrip

Stainless steel Powerflow exhaust from cat back

Lowered 30mm on Spax springs

19” Modular alloy wheels with one off NPOC centre caps

Painted calipers

Chrome front indicator bulbs

LED sidelights

Blue strobe lights in front grille

Stainless steel power steering and brake fluid bottle covers

DIY NPOC bootmat

NPOC tax disc holder

NPOC stickers

DL Tribute stickers

Headrest mounted screens with individual DVD players

Colour changing interior lights

Private number plate

What’s the most enjoyable change you’ve made so far?

The front bumper by far.

Anything you’ve tried so far, that didn’t work and went in the bin?

Four bucket seats, changing the wing mirrors and 4 x different boot spoilers.

If I gave £500 right now and told you it had to be spent on the car, what would you buy?

Upgrading the sound system with bass speaker (sub) and door speakers.

If money was no object and you could do anything you wanted, what would be the ultimate Nissan Primera P12?

Nissan 370z engine on air suspension.

Any secrets or future plans I can squeeze out of you?

A new set of alloy wheels similar to “ragt20” on his Mystic, or your old gold wheels that you had on the Nordic.

Time for the quick fire question round!

P11 144 or P12?P11 144

Shotgun or Pistol?Shotgun

Power or Looks?Looks

JAE or Japfest? JAE

Xbox or Playstation? Playstation

Honda or Subaru? Honda

Tell us your favourite NPOC car?“ragt20”s NEO VVL Mystic

You are always a regular at our Club Meets and the Nissan Primera P12 always gets attention (thanks for representing the NPOC!) – Tell everyone why they should take the time to get out to our meets.

Because you should spend time with your family (NPOC). Also just for the amount of information and help you can pick up from just one meet. Plus once you've done one meet, you'll be hooked.

We missed your family at JAE in September (and I know you missed them too) - Are we gonna see them (and yaself) at Ace Café in December, for the end of year finale?

Yes, my family did miss coming to JAE this year. We will deffo be at the final meet of the year, to see you all at the Ace Cafe.

NPOC for life (regardless of what car you own and drive) or leg it when you change car?

For life, regardless!

Tell Carlos Ghosn (again, cos he wasn’t listening in your 1st COTM feature) why he needs to bring back the Nissan Primera brand:

Because there are less and less Primeras on the roads and I'm waiting for the P13, so start building!

I’ve just added up all the trophies you have won as an NPOC Member and it’s now 4 in total! 2 X COTM trophies and 2 X JAE trophies (the members voted for the JAE ones) – WOW! Any chance of a photo, showing us the complete haul please?

Many thanks for telling us all about yourself and your Nissan Primera P12 Syd, seeing the passion you have for the club and your car, when I presented you with the “Best Nissan Primera P12” trophy at JAE 2011, makes me feel happy to give you this COTM feature too ! Congratulations once again for winning Car Of The Month for November 2011! Please end this feature, in your own words and feel free to thank anyone who’s made this one possible.

Well firstly I would like to thank the wife for not moaning about the money I have spent on the car (as she has been waiting for a dishwasher for 3 years).

Thanks to all at JAE this year, for more than once helping me out, you know who you are.

A big thanks to the Club Owners; Shaun Ade and G for my membership this year, after losing my job.

Finally a big thanks to Gaz (Sluffer) for taking the photos you see in this feature. I have now got my own camera but still don't know how to get my photo's on the NPOC forum!

Congratulations once again to Syd!

November 2011 COTM - bigsydney

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply