Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 rear brake / indicator lights
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 rear brake / indicator lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbodiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 2:15pm
I've had the same problems as many (Switch on the indicator and every light on the R/H rear cluster lights up dimmly once the brake is depressed and the indicator flashing speed doubles. When using the cruise control on the motorway and changing lanes the EMU/ECU thinks the brakes are being applied because the light cluster is lying to the brain and cancels the cruise control.  I also had something like the car going into limp mode on the motorway resulting in the car being able to cruise at 100 kmh but not able to accelerate until I switched the engine on and off and then all was well power wise) all is the last week.   Last night I ran an extra earth to R/H cluster and all appears well.  Thanks again NPOC! 
Before you do it, ask yourself, now what would a wise man do......
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 5:51pm
Just love it when people tell us when we get faults right.
absniper66 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absniper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 8:09pm
Many thanks to everyone, extra earth lead fitted, problems gone away.
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 9:14pm
Another earth fault fixed.
Sut View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 10:13am
Thank you, another earth problem fixed.
Referee1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Referee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:06pm
Hi I seem to have the same problem
The car judders or seems like its missing especially when vehicle gets warm could the rear lights fault be the problem or something else

Thanks 
REFEREE1Embarrassed
MINTY
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 10:02pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
You have not mentioned your model, age or spec, petrol/diesel?
Does this happen when you are indicating?
Have you checked for any blown bulbs?
Have you recently made a bulb replacement?
Any engine management light on?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345