Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Members Cars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "The Japanese Bentley" - FriedGold's P11-144 SE+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The Japanese Bentley" - FriedGold's P11-144 SE+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Bear trainer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriedGold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "The Japanese Bentley" - FriedGold's P11-144 SE+
    Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:48pm
As fans of Alan Partridge, in homage to his description of the Lexus as the Japanese Mercedes and due to this being the luxury SE+ spec model, it became known as the Japanese Bentley LOL
I recently had the opportunity to buy it and bring it back to NPOC which I, of course, couldn't pass up.

So here she is.  The 'JB'.  A 2001 (Y reg but now with my personal plate) manual P11-144 SE+ currently on 75k miles.

As you can tell, there have been some pretty big changes since rolling out of the factory.  It's lowered on KYB adjustable shocks and Koni springs and sitting on Dotz 17s.  Engine mods include an SS Autochrome manifold, stainless exhaust and Remus backbox plus K&N filter for the lovely roary engine note when you want it Big smile

The front grill has been cut, painted and meshed, Cupra splitter fitted, and the lights de-tangoed.  The rear has the rare three leg spoiler and Primera badge from a P12.  It also has amped Alpine components and a separately amped Mac 12" sub all run from Kenwood KDC-BT61U stereo.  Sounds lurvely.

The nasty fake wood interior has been removed and painted but the classy cream leather had to stay.  After all, that's is what makes this regal vehicle what it is Smile

I am not planning many more changes to the car as I like the way it looks now but there will be some minor changes along the way I'm sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply