Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Member Of The Month > 2014 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June 2014 - NPOC @ Japfest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

MOTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_MOTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June 2014 - NPOC @ Japfest
    Posted: 29 May 2014 at 1:02am
As we make our traditional change to MOTM and do a Club Feature instead - This June 2014 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2014 at Castle Combe (held on May 10th), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERSRockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the Club - THANK YOUClap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal COTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your wordsClap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there. These will be "in this colour"Smile.. There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended JapfestThumbs%20Up.

The NPOC have been attending Japfest since 2005 and this was our 9th showing as a club. Having just checked the Meet Archives, I can confirm that our 1st Japfest together, we had just 3 Primeras on display.. LOOK AT US NOW!Clap We were one of the biggest clubs in attendance and that is all down to the time and effort you all put in - The NPOC is a major player on the Jap Car Meet scene!!

Blue: "I didn't take any pictures I'm afraid, I was too busy hugging everyone! What can I say, whilst I didn't experience Japfest to it's full as I wasn't on the stand, alas, I did try and see as many of you as I could. It was so good to see you and I can't tell you how happy it made me to be with you all again. Thank you for such a warm and friendly re-introduction to the scene."

shurv: "Another great meet weather wasn't great but good enough. Was good to catch up with everyone cars looked great and excellent company. Thanks to the staff team for all their organization on this."

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Castle Combe in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:00 and we took up residence as normal, in the Little Chef car park... Here's a look at some sleepy faces but an awesome display of cars:

Criteria: "Another great meet! Weather and the que to get in were both a little suspect but didn't get in the way of a top day out. Big thanks to all involved in organising."

katielauren: "We had a fantastic day yesterday. Was lovely to see everyone again, despite the variable weather still had a great time on and off track - Thank you all."

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Nissan Primeras and convoy to the circuitThumbs%20Up

Now, it would be unfair to not mention the issues getting into the show! Due to traffic, shite planning by the show organisers or whatever, we were stuck in ^^ that convoy ^^ for around 3 hours.. Yeah, 3 freaking hours to travel 5 or so miles from pre-meet to show!! It kinda made for a bad start to the show for a lot of people :(

Anyways, once we got to the show, the cars pulled in and started lining up on the NPOC Stand:

Orangeapple85: "Despite the weather, what a fantastic day, was great to make it again this year, and hope to make it next year too! Sorry I didn't get chance to say bye to many of you."

There was plenty to see and do at Japfest 2014 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public) and off course some of the awesome drift demosRockon Here's a look at the D1 pro drifty talent:

trigg51: "We all had a great weekend, weather was what we're used to up here so wasn't a problem! Thanks to everyone who contributed to our Charity LED exchange, especially those who didn't have an LED fitted."

Sunny1600: "Had a blast lads! Good to meet up again. Hopefully I am able to join you guys at Japfest 2."

Let's have a look at some of the members cars on our Club Stand - Guys and gals, your cars all looked fantasticBow%20Down We'll start with a look at the Nissan Primera's and look at the other members cars (NON Primera later):

FriedGold: "Generally didn't feel it this year but did love seeing my NPOC peeps, that's what makes these shows for me, great company!"

kiddyGT79: "Had a great day at Japfest despite the changeable weather and endless queuing! Great to meet some more members, didn't get to say goodbye to many people sadly. Looking forward to next year now."

roy.2: "A great day as normal."

blackbird: "It was a good day at Japfest , I was there in my T72 Bluebird over on the Datsun Club stand."

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to some of our members as well!! 2 of them got on the track and represented!! Here's some action shots of the guys:

Sunny1600: White S12 (Dutch plates).
Taz Taylor: White P11.

We have a lot of members who currently find themselves driving other cars, we are a members 1st cars 2nd club!! Here's a look at the other cars on our club stand:

twelve: "Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the 2 and half hour queue to get in but I didn't think much of Japfest this year. But all of you lot are lovely and I had a great time while I was on the club stand, away from it not so much. So thanks to everyone that made it, you were the saving grace."

michaelp9149: "Great day overall! Met some nice people. Thanks to the bosses for arranging. Some great cars. Knackered walked round twice LOL."

Mad Maru: "Had a great day as usual with NPOC family and thanks again to all those who brought bits for me and some surprise bits also. Weather was not that bad and track action was good shame it was so stressful and not as organised as it might have been (by the Event Organisers)."

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster, here's a few highlights from the show walkaround:

dysopath: "Really enjoyed Japfest! Thank you all."

Maximus99: "Great day, great to see everyone, although I missed a few (sorry!). I loved the 2.5hr queue to get in LOL!!! Me & the mrs walked around 3 times & loved the drift cars!! Thanks for my blue LED alarm! Cheers to the NPOC!"

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars and a look at some of our awesome members faces too!:

Sluffer: "Along with everyone else it seems, I wasn't the only one that found the event rather flat this year, but meeting up with fellow NPOC members and their respective partners, friends, families more than made up for it. Was great to see such a fantastic turn out of members and cars and it just proves how great we are as a club, can't wait for the next one."

Stevie-Boy: "I've never been mad keen on Japfest as an event but it's just one of a few chances to hook up with people as already said here by many. See you all at whatever the next thing is."

Also at the show (did anyone find them?!?!).. There were rally car passenger rides and some motorbikes hooning around in a gravity wheel of death type thing.. Here's some piccies of that:

essNchill: "Apart from the weather and the ridiculous queues to get in.. Worst we've ever seen!! The event itself was OK ish. 

Regardless of that and as I've said a million times, I don't really go to these Jap Shows to look at "the cars", cos I saw most of them last year and I'll see them all at JAE and JF2 anyways and there's only so many Honda Civics repeatedly bouncing of the rev limiter I can take, before I get bored.

I go to these events to see my NPOC family and their cars.. And none of you disappointed! The cars were all awesome, even the non Primeras and the members.. Well they've always been awesome and thankfully y'all still are LOL! Great chatting to as many of you as I could, a few n00bs at this one and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

BIG BIG thanks to all of you who came, some travelled epic distances (respect) and you did the club proud as always!

Many thanks again to all who showed out for the club."

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

June 2014 MOTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2014

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply