Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Member Of The Month > 2014 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

September 2014 - NPOC @ Japfest 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

MOTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_MOTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: September 2014 - NPOC @ Japfest 2
    Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 11:17pm
As a change to our normal MOTM and because of the success of the NPOC turnout at Japfest 2 this year, we are doing a Club Feature instead! - This September 2014 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2 at Donington Park (held on August 17th 2014), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERS Rockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the Club - THANK YOU Clap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal MOTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your words Clap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there. These will be "in this colour" Smile.. There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended Japfest  Thumbs%20Up.

Japfest 2 is a fairly new event on the yearly National Meets calendar and it's only been held 5 years or so now, we have attended every Japfest 2 show and this year we were one of the biggest clubs in attendance and that is all down to the time and effort you all put in - The NPOC is a major player on the Jap Car Meet scene!!

Sluffer: "Was good to see everyone who came today, was good to meet the new guys and much respect to those that ventured out on track."

supertourer: "Had a really good day,great to catch with the old timers and newbies [to me]. Hopefully I'll get to more events in the future."

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Donington Park in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:30 and we all met up at the Moto Services on the M1.. This proved to be a popular pre-meet location with a lot of other clubs too and the Services was rocking with lovely Jap machinery everywhere!

No one took any photos of the pre-meet this year DOH!! So here's one from last year, to set the epic scene haha!:

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Nissan Primeras and convoy to the circuit Thumbs%20Up

edk_N16: "A big thank you to NPOC/Shaun for helping get the AOC some stand space. We felt very welcome!"

Once inside we lined up and took our official place on the NPOC Club Stand:

CLASSIX: "Had a brilliant day, once again Mike, Rob and John were very entertaining! It was good to see new members there, new minds and new ideas. The real treat for me was chatting with Mark about his wonderful Silver Primera GT."

There was plenty to see and do at Japfest 2 2014 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public)! And  some epic drift displays.. Let's hand over to our resident Drift Fanboy G for his photos of skiddy cars and some trackers:

roy.2: "Had a great day. Good to meet all the folks old & new!"

Let's have an individual look at all the members cars on our Club Stand - Guys and gals, your cars all looked fantastic Bow%20Down:

michaelp9149: "Had a great day, thanks again to Shaun and the team for organising it."

Mad Maru: "Great meet and a great day was had, seeing the usual faces and seeing all that well looked after metal. Can't wait till JAE now..."

Maximus99: "I had a great day, was fab seeing everyone again and all the wicked cars! Nice to see some new faces and catch up too."

David D (on FB): "Thoroughly enjoyed sharing the plot @ JapFest2 with the NPOC lads - Thank you and I chatted with just as many NPOC members as I did AOC."

And talking of the AOC... Here's their cars in the spotlight too!

And we're not always about Nissan Primeras here at NPOC, we have plenty of members who no longer own or drive one but we stand by our proud club motto of "Members 1st, cars 2nd", so all our members are always welcome at club events! Here's a look at some of the NON Nissan Primeras on the stand at Japfest 2:

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to some of our members as well, who took out their Nissan Primeras on track and represented Clap Here's a little spotlight for those guys out on track... 3 of them hit the track YAY!!

Taz Taylor: "Had a great day, albeit not as long as hoped. Would like to thank everyone for the photos as we didn't take any. Had some great feedback on the GT and her new look. I've been wanting to take the leap for some time and am glad that I have. 

The track session was not all that I'd hoped for. I found the whole thing sadly lacking from briefing through to organisation on the track. 

Well done to Ady for getting amongst it. There was a guy with a huge grin! Thanks to Roy for helping with our kit and a massive shout to all the members who made the effort. Was great to meet some new members too."

Ady_C (on FB): "Just got in, had a cracking day! Thanks again Shaun for sorting out tickets etc. The car was great on the track, shame I did not have another session."

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster, back to G and his photos now (proving he moved away from the drift cars!):

ragt20: "Didn't enjoy this show much last year and wasn't initially going to come to this one this year, but thought I might as well give it another chance and was glad I did! I enjoyed it a lot more this year. It was great to meet up with the regulars and a lot of the noobs... Looking forward to JAE even more now."

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars and a look at some of our awesome members faces too!:

Razzle (on FB): "Just like to say a big thank you to Shaun for giving me a car pass to put my Primera on the NPOC stand, I didn't expect it. It was nice to meet all the new faces and I had a good day."

Naughtynorm (on FB): "Was nice to see you guys at the pre meet yesterday. All the cars were looking great too. Thanks to all for making me feel welcome and for a short time part of the group / club, with the welcome I got from you all."

AJP Valeting (on FB): "Well I didn't expect to be able to show the Mystic on the club stand but it was a nice surprise, cheers guys! It was good to finally meet you all. Hopefully see you all again soon."

Dad's Taxi (on FB): "Had an awesome time at Japfest2 today. Thanks to all the NPOC!"

essNchill: "A big big thanks to all of you who showed out, to represent the NPOC on Sunday @ Japfest2!! The cars looked as good as ever and it was a great day out and nice to catch up and chat with the family!!

Awesome to see some new faces on the stand and a couple of meet n00bs too! I hope you enjoyed the day out.

Also nice to be joined by some guys from the AOC for the day, your Almeras were all outstanding!

Anyways, thanks again for making the early start, driving the miles and for lining up on the Club Stand and showing the rest of the Jap community, that the NPOC have some friendly faces and fantastic rides - Cheers guys and gals, you did the club proud :)

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun"

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

September 2014 MOTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2 2014

Written by essNchill

Post Reply Post Reply