Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Spotted Section
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DR2 at Silverstone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dad's Taxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 11:30am
Originally posted by RS Tom-Hundred RS Tom-Hundred wrote:

I look the way he calls youi "sh!t" but then when it comes to overtaking you it takes ages before his VTEC then kicks in and then sails past!
If you look carefully you can see i lifted and braked slightly (my brake lights came on) to let him round. Just like i took it massively wide to let him use racing line on bend before to get by. lol

Originally posted by sprint sprint wrote:

I'm amazed none of you guys have had issues on these track time sessions yet, they are the worst track time iv ever seen, brings out the absolute worst of the drivers and nobody seems to have a clue what's going on! I would not put any of my cars on track at these shows and that footage convinces me further. 

We should have had a safety car take us on the first lap but they just let us lose. Something about the track just didn't feel right though, even Ady noticed it. 
Against Castle C and Rockingham. I was pushing harder into corners on them and tyres held better even though the ones I had at the time where around 2 year old, half tread (around 3-4mm) and knackered. I had done only 600 ish miles on the ones this weekend and still felt slippy. Silverstone felt more of a drag-race.
P11 GT DR2 My daily
P11 SLX Daughters
*** (in sparkle Blue) Secret new toy.....
100NX 1.6 Auto in red
ady_c View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ady_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 11:54am
I use my head Jimmy I don't try and race if I see someone racing up from behind I indicate and lift off!

As John pointed out it felt like a drag strip session, every fooking screaming down the straights and slow on the bends.

I over took a accord type r and sadly I did not get chance to speak to him but it looked like he had zero confidence like myself

3 weeks ago at Rockingham I stayed out for well over 45 minutes and no tyre issues and I was flat flat out!

Would I do Silverstone again hell no way.
sprint View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 2:30pm
Pick a nice central circuit and let's all go and batter around for a day! Although I'd love to see another Anglesey meet as a basis for a track day, lovely area for camping etc and a great track too so it would make for a brilliant venue if people didn't mind the drive
1991 H eZX - standard minter
1992 J eGT - sr20ve
1992 J eZX 4x4 Turbo
ady_c View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ady_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 3:16pm
Oulton Park!!
FriedGold View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Bear trainer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriedGold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 4:26pm
Bedford (not biased)
sprint View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:20pm
Well oulton is my local track really but I didn't want to suggest it for that reason! It is a cracking track though, really really fun!

This needs to happen now
1992 J eGT - sr20ve
1992 J eZX 4x4 Turbo
HeavyMetalP11 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeavyMetalP11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:50pm
Not whilst i've not got a car worth taking it shouldn't 😋
sprint View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:53pm
Use it as motivation to finally get that car finished, it's been a decade or so I'm the making anyway you need to drive it at some point!
1992 J eGT - sr20ve
1992 J eZX 4x4 Turbo
HeavyMetalP11 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeavyMetalP11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 6:03pm
Building the garage is diverting the funds needed to finish it, but having a garage helps me finish it. Isn't that what's called a paradox
PrimeraPhill View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraPhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 6:14pm
I'd be up for this! Though would require a little bit of time to get my breaks upgraded, and my mani and exhaust fitted!

But Defo up for it!
MOTM APRIL 2016

PINK Primera GT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12