Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduction and Information

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 6:08pm
The link isn't a clicky and as moderators will back up I ain't the best at doing these either BUT you have earth icon above THIS will help form a link to the photobucket page . That or why not make , if non paying members are allowed , make a members car thread ? I've had mine running years and it's the best why to showcase any changes you make going forward
mattsix View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 8:32pm
I had a look through the pics and it appears its not 4x4 any longer and jimmy may be right...the rear suspension looks to be related to a p10 set-up.
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 10:17am
Welcome to the club and looks like an interesting one this one!  Good luck getting it sorted and back to how it should be Thumbs Up

Just a random thought - are you sure its the shocks that are wrong and jacking it up and not anything to do with what they have done with the suspension etc when going from 4WD to FWD?  Getting rid of the rear diff and props might have meant they changed how the suspension arms fitted on too and bidged something?

Datsun180 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Datsun180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:06am
So I found a receipt from a import wrecker for a WNP11 halfcut. ( windscreen forward ) That's a wagon halfcut yeah? Looks like they've grafted the LH gearbox upper mount from the halfcut onto the rail to fit this Hyper CVT gearbox and possibly used rear struts from a wagon?
Datsun180 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Datsun180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 7:42am
Ok so here's the LH side Chasiss rail mount for the gearbox mount.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t256/datfiat/Primera/20170105_171052.jpg

Sadly during swapping the CVT transmission onto the "new" SR20VE engine the torque converter has popped out too far and not engaged with the Trans oil pump. On start up it's broken the tongues off the torque converter and instantly chewed and broken the trans oil pump before a single revolution was made. Didn't pump a drop of the fresh oil..... which is now drained.
Datsun180 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Datsun180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 7:51am
So with that damage done I decided to price another box against a rebuild vs fixing it myself and trying to find parts etc...... So I'm fixing it myself because these Transmissions are a heavy "son o bish" so freight was outright robbery. Found a company selling parts to suit this box in New Zealand and I'm awaiting parts to arrive. I've taken the box apart to confirm the part is the same and have half the job done by the time it arrives. http://s162.photobucket.com/user/datfiat/media/Primera/20170127_1656151.jpg.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12