Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ref: Help needed please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw1981uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ref: Help needed please
    Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 10:52pm
Hi guys i am new to the forum and nissan. I tried finding a post topic on other subjects but wont let me view them says access denied? Anyway i hopei can post this here.

Bought a p12 2002 primera auto 2.0 petrol i love the car works brill. I have the satnav and screen built in all works great except satnav when i eject satnav cd it just clicks i have managed to fiddle and get disk out so i know its right one. I then press maps it looks like it is going to load then comes up disk error so i have two issues it wont load disk and wont seem to take disk in or eject it just makes a clicking noise is this common and are there any solutions for this issue

Thanks in advance

John
Wakey
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:50am
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Being an 02 P12  the sat nav player is a DVD unit in the dash below the cd/radio unit. There has been reports of issues with the CD player clicking and not ejecting discs, this is perhaps understandable as it will be required to load and eject more often. Given the mechanism will be very similar I would have a look here

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-disc-stuck-in-cd-player_topic14557.html

However, depending on how you managed to eject the disc you may have damaged it and you will have to check for physical damage of the disc.

jaw1981uk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw1981uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:02pm
Cheers for that but i think bit too much of a job for me any takers 
Wakey
Boomting View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 4:25am
I have had the same problem for a year but can't trust to have enough time to complete due to kids. If I take it out can I reassemble with cd out awaiting surgery (many trips to shed, loft etc sourcing glues, sheet metal etc) so car is drive able. Or is it best to do in one hit (prepare above before)
I went to Nissan (for a cracked abs ring) and they want £200 plus to fix the cd player! Ouch 
So I am still enduring both and have had enough. 
George Orwell never said it would be this bad.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 6:41am
cracked abs ring is £10-£15 when sourced not from Nisan with fitting around £35-£50.
Yes the car is drivable.
Boomting View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 5:11pm
Thank's timeshock, Took the car back to singular atom state and removed the CD player today, Clarion told me I am the lucky owner of an irreparable CD unit, as it wasn't a broken gear cover or split gear but a diode or something had gone which is a specific fault in my 6 disc NISSAN 28184BA 000 (part number)
Man @ Clarion say: 'you have to get the same BA 000 player' 
They were happy to provide me with one. Reconditioned for about £330 quid. This I assume, is before I pay a local Stealer near Gatport airwick £85 quid + VAT as quoted to code it 'into the car'
I have snaffled one on ebay for £25 quid and if I don't win the 30 minute ECU reset lottery I will have to pay a reduced quote of £28.50 INCLUSIVE of VAT for them to code the player 'out of the car' to a certain dealer south of Crystal Palace FC.  Phew!

In other news ..  I found out why my auto stick was locking unless I pushed the little black unlock button. 
The threaded push rod at the end of the cable had come out of its connector. It didn't seem to want to wind in again once unhooked from its mounting but seems to be screwed in enough to hold.
In short, I'm fixing more than I broke and potentially could save £300 to £400 quid on dealers. 
So Thanks again!
George Orwell never said it would be this bad.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 6:11pm
Just a note about recon clarion units from Clarion they come bare so do not initially need coding they take the code for the first time from the ecu. Pleased your getting there thoughThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply