Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 (2003) - DIY Radio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jedigeorge25@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 12:28am
How did u do it pls, I am trying to replace head unit but I am lost when it comes to the wires and I also couldn’t find any harnesses that connect to my car either.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:39am
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
The first thing to realise it  that noticing your post originates from NZ it is highly likely that you have a Japanese import model and not a Europe built model, there are quite a number of differences between them including sat nav and AV.

From your description, i am guessing either your car has not AV fitted (very unusual in fact unheard of on euro models) or you are trying to change the factory fitted model for something not usually fitted to a p12.

If you cant find even a harness are speakers fitted? can you trace them back?

I would suggest downloading the free P12electronins service manual this will give you the wiring guide

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

There are loads of posts on here on this subject but bare in mind the Japanese/euro difference and heed the warnings about the interaction of AV system and other system on the P12 so just do a little search on here and you will find loads of infoThumbs Up

vidaman3 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidaman3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 9:23am
Interesting information
Oreowhxre View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oreowhxre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 1:34am
Really looking at doing this soon, how did you manage to do it? Everywhere I look is people saying not to install a new one but the old one is not the go tbh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12