Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera p12 steering wheel controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefkilz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera p12 steering wheel controls
    Posted: 22 May 2017 at 5:11pm
I have a 2002 primera p12 SE. I got a stearing wheel with the audio controls on it. I thought it would be just a plug and play, but the controls do not work.

Do I need to change the clock spring to the one that has the controls on it.

Maybe I'm missing a wire any help will be great and thank you in advance.

Sorry about grammer and if I did this topic wrong could you tell me what I've done wrong thank you.
George pettitt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George pettitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 6:21pm
Does anything work from the control on the steering wheel. Also while I'm here does anyone know how to download the repair manual
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George pettitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 6:24pm
If nothing else works you will need to replace control unit can you give more information please
Beefkilz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefkilz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:16pm
nothing works and what do you mean by control unit

what info do you need
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George pettitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:26pm
The contour on the steering wheel is that the problem
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George pettitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:27pm
Sorry mean control. ..might be worth changing control unit.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:40pm
There are two different Primera P12 models, 2002 - 2004 and 2004 - 2006, the wiring looms and other electrical equipment are not compatible. I don't know if your P12 (1st edition) is compatible with that steering wheel.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by George pettitt George pettitt wrote:

Does anything work from the control on the steering wheel. Also while I'm here does anyone know how to download the repair manual

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George pettitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:49pm
Thank you so much.
Beefkilz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefkilz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:11am
Wish I knew that then save me a bit of.money . Never mind will double check that next time.i get something for my car. Thank you for the info
 Post Reply Post Reply