Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel gauge not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beckybarker333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel gauge not working
    Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:44am
I was on my way to work today and my fuel gauge stop working. I put £15 in and it was reading just under half a tank and whilst driving I glanced at the gauge it was reading no petrol and light was on. I have a Nissan primera se 51 plate.
I also have another issue no code for radio if I take battery off.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:55am
Buy a memory back up saver,plugs in ciggy lighter before you disconnect the batt,that will keep the radio code.

Fuel gauges common on the 144's for playing up,9/10 it's the dash itself that needs repairing/replacing.Failing that it will be the sender unit at fault.
Beckybarker333 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beckybarker333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:58am
How do I fix this and that sounds expensive? I read on a previous post about disconnecting the battery to reset the fuel gauge that's why I was concerned about the radio.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:06am
The saver's are about a tenner max,the dash most times needs to replaced for another unit but sometimes you can repair them depending on how and what has failed on it,sometimes if you are lucky it's just the pcb on the back of it that's crack the solder,which would be easy to check.

If the dash needs to be replaced then the mileage will be whats on the clocks that are going in not what the car has done.

Post Reply Post Reply