Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 spare key not for my car!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosypowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 spare key not for my car!
    Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 2:46pm
Bought a 2005 Primera SX but in my excitement failed to check that both keys were correct, having contacted the salesman I was informed that they were the keys supplied to him! What is the best way to source a replacement? The second key will be the spare so remote control functions are not a priority. Many thanks for any and all help provided.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:20pm
|Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

Is it just the metal key shaft for the ignition that is wrong? If so you can get a one cut and replace by opening the fob and removing the fixing screw then you can re-program the key yourself to the car. Best check the key hole hidden in the passenger door handle (outside) to check that it has not been replaced with a different lock.
Cosypowell View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosypowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:01pm
Tried the second key in the lock and I've definitely ended up with someone else's car key.
Need a whole new spare sorted, any suggestions?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:31pm
Just take you key to a reputable key cutter
 Post Reply Post Reply