Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pragmatist_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 11:45am
My Nissan primera P11-144 is not starting for two days now. 

The engine is SR20DE 2.0

The battery and kick starter are OK. We changed plugs and it keeps making starting/rolling noise but not starting. 

The only thing is that few days before it finally stopped to start, when parked for long or overnight and started it, there was a "tututu" sound which went away as I raised it. And I observed about two weeks ago that the smoke coming from the exhaust was peppering the eyes but that had stopped.

Please help.
Your car's problem may be solved if you don't give up.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:07pm
Try some easy start in the intake to rule out a fuel problem. Does it spin faster than normal? If it's normal then it's likely that the compression is ok.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:09pm
Check make sure the plugs are firing.If not then check the distributor.
 Post Reply Post Reply