Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 T spec 2003 Radio SECURE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominoman36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 T spec 2003 Radio SECURE
    Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:10am
Hello everyone !
New member to this great forum.

I have bought a Nissan Primera P12 T spec 2003.

My problem is the screen is constantly black with SECURE with a yellow background.

On the screen :
I can see the cars economy, heating and ac controlles but thats it. Once ive done checking all that it goes back to the SECURE yellow background.

Talked to a few nissan dearlers but they are all saying the same thing ; replace the hole thing ! 850 euros ! (I live in France)

So my question : Is it possible to get it working ??

Thank for your answers

Dominoman36 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominoman36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:38am
The Nissan is a right hand drive car.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 4:31pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Secure in yellow indicates a fault between the Audio unit and the Transponder (your Key)  What did Nissan do to try to clear the fault?
Are you certain that the audio unit in the car is the original unit, did Nissan try to recode the unit to your car and keys?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominoman36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:42pm
 Hi thanks for the reply !
I did some research before posting on here and i did find something similar to what your saying.
I rang a few mechanics, i didn't go, just rang. So no, they didn't try. They all said it had to be replaced. I did say that it might be the key and it could be fixed with an CONSULT 2 or something like that.
I don't know if it is the original audio unit. I'm asking the guy who sold it to me as we speak.

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominoman36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 8:02pm
The alarm keeps on coming on now. it's strange 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominoman36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:46am
It is the original audio unit.
 Post Reply Post Reply