Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Clutch cable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Clutch cable
    Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 2:14am
Hello again, my second query coming up.  Car is a Primera P11 2.0 SRi 16v RHD

In desperate need of a clutch cable.  A little back story, I had the car in for CC replacement in August 2016.  The guys there (well respected place) couldn't get hold of one for love nor money.  They had the car for a few days and had to get a 1.6 version and adapt it.

It was never 100% to begin with; After the car has warmed up, I couldn't get 1st gear or reverse while the engine is running, and over time has got worse and worse.  It's now so much hard work to drive.

I've found a few that say they will fit, but I'm not convinced because I knew the trouble we had locating one in 2016.

I need the right cable, and I need it NOW!  Has anybody had experience with this and can give me any advice before I buy one?

Ta
Mark.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:58am
Hi Mark. That famous auction site is your friend,they are on there for approx £30. Thumbs Up
Roy
Grim View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

r1pp3R

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:56pm
There's a box full of them available in trading section.
Sorry I scraped all those primeras ☹️
Blackmoon View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 2:16am
I've found two on a famous auction site that apparently will fit, but according to my research, these two are "similar" parts to the actual part I need.  Alarm bells are ringing there.

"A boxful in the trading section"?  Can you elaborate what you mean by that?

Ta.

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 10:34am
If you become a Member of NPOC (£15 for the Year) you have access to the Trading Section.

There are some Clutch Cables listed in there along with other Parts.
Compared to the Price on Ebay, the Membership will have almost paid for itself.

I can't see any Seatbelts but they may well be available if you haven't managed to get hold of one yet.
Blackmoon View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 12:44pm
Ok, I'm gonna sign up.  This box full of cables has convinced me, because nowhere on Earth has the damn things and I'm pulling out what little hair I have. 

Please... I'll do anything! Need the car fixed.

Blackmoon View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 2:21pm
I have had an email from viamoto now.  A guy there reckons he can get me one in two weeks.  £55 including VAT and delivery.

Pondering my options now.  What to do what to do.
Grim View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

r1pp3R

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:05pm
still cheaper to join npoc and get a cable from people know their primeras mate
Sorry I scraped all those primeras ☹️
Blackmoon View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 2:00am
But I'm thinking this one for £55 would be a new part, manufactured by the people who made the parts for Blueprint in Japan.  This is the real deal.

I'm still gonna sign up for the membership at NPOC, because my plan is to restore my SRi to a decent standard, maybe even better. I'm sure the guys here can help me do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply