Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 boot changer problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgduffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11-144 boot changer problem
    Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 3:07am
Hi

I don't post on here much as everything on the car is very reliable. However my boot changer has suddenly started ejecting the cartridge. I changed the CDs a week ago, and everything was fine until I tried playing the 3rd disc this evening. It wouldn't play, so I ejected the cartridge, checked that the CD was ok and put the cartridge back in. It made the usual loading noise and then ejected the cartridge after a few seconds. I've tried holding it in to see if it locks in place, but it's made no difference.

I was only able to find one other post on here with the same problem from 2012, with no answer.

Any ideas?
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 8:43am
Have you tried removing (and leaving out) the CD from the 3rd slot and then loading the cartridge again?
jgduffin View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgduffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:20pm
Actually I hadn't (No idea why I didn't think of this!). I will try this and report back
jgduffin View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgduffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 1:16pm
Ok, so I removed the third CD. The behaviour has changed slightly. Around the 5th time of inserting the cartridge, it stays in place. However when I change to CD on the head unit it reverts back to the radio and I find the cartridge has ejected itself again. I've also tried the cartridge with no CDs and I keeps ejecting. I just find it odd behaviour.

I think there may be an error message appearing on the radio display, but the LCD panel has faded over time and is barely readable (I did buy a second hand replacement head unit a few years ago, but Nissan couldn't get it to talk to the car).

My thought is that the cartridge may be worn out over 19 years (not a bad lifespan), but I can't seem to find a cartridge on eBay (just complete CD units).

I know it's probably easier to fit an aftermarket head unit and boot changer, but I'm Happy with the stereo that Nissan fitted, and I'm trying to keep the car original (not many SE+ models out there), as she's done 198k and is still going strong.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

Post Reply Post Reply