Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 - N16 steering wheel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mowog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P10 - N16 steering wheel?
    Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 4:23pm
Hi,

Quick question: does anyone know if an airbag-equipped steering wheel from an N16 Almera could be fitted to a (also airbag-equipped) P10 Primera?

Thanks!
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:44pm
Spines will likely be the same but the connections wont be.
Mowog View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mowog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:16pm
And do you think it would be possible to swap for the older connector? Are they likely to have the same number of wires doing the same things? I have very little idea how an airbag is actually triggered.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:41pm
An airbag is triggered by the impact sensor,which sends a signal to the airbag ECU which then deploys them via the inflator...

As for the amount of wires I don't know.
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 10:26am
as long as the plug connectors are the same I dont see why not , many including me have fitted other model Nissan wheels to P11's so I would expect the P10 will be the same 
Mowog View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mowog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 12:39pm
Thank you - that's really useful to know. Sounds like my best bet is going to be to whip the existing wheel off and take a look at the connector. And hope not to accidentally trigger the airbag in the process...
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 6:05pm
You need a t50 security tamperproof bit for the airbag securing bolts.

You need to leave the battery disconnected for 15mins minimum.FWIW I always leave it for 30mins.
 Post Reply Post Reply