Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 water pump belt jumped on trip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 water pump belt jumped on trip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 7:25am
Glad to hear you got it fixed for a reasonable price.
Enjoy the rest of your Holiday Cool
Optimus View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 7:55am
Originally posted by imckay imckay wrote:

Enjoy the rest of your Holiday Cool

Thanks

It's the first time my trusted Primera gives me trouble in 13 years of happy ownership. And it mostly came because the crooks from the insurance company set a car age limit with the comprehensive travel insurance thst I had purchased. I shopped around a lot before leaving and could't find any company that would cover technical incidents for a 13 years old car, regardless of the technical condition of the vehicle.
Btw, forgot to mention it, the belt got replaced with a new one, it was stretched about 1/3 inch overall. In hindsight, checking and adjusting the tension on the auxiliary belts before leaving on a long trip would have been a good idea.

Big thanks to Brian who took the time to write long and comprehensive descriptions of the job involved.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 8:15am
Good feedback, pleased you got it sorted, that is a good price for a belt and fittingThumbs Up
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:13pm
Good news.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123