Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Died with no warning.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbelblanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 9:52pm
Just looked at the workshop manual. What a job :( Have replaced timing belts before , but they are usually made to be accessible and dry. I have replaced a chain before, but that was for my trusty Honda 250RS and was because the previous owner snapped the top off the  tensioner . It was even a fair old strip down for that. I'm guessing that Nissan think that a chain will last the life of the engine. I have had it for most of it's life and it gets a change of oil at most every 5000, does not burn or leak at all (unlike the through flow porous sump on the p11). Fingers crossed, I really hope you are wrong, but appreciate that you have a lot more knowledge than I do on the P12. Many thanks.
barbelblanker View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbelblanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 10:01pm
OK she broke again. Simple question. Does the power go power, fuse, relay or power relay , fuse? Thinking it's either dodgyiness behind the fuses or a relay problem. Ran a bypass and it got me home, but do not want to keep doing that. Power from fuse was ok, but lost continuity between there and the wire in the loom running along the door sill. Continuity is OK then from door frame back to pump. TIA. Much appreciated.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 7:01am
Wiring Diagram and Operation for the Fuel Pump in the Manual

Chapter B Engine, Section EC Engine Control Page EC-536
barbelblanker View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbelblanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 5:32pm
Thanks for that. Confirms the relay is between the fuse and the pump. Ordered new ones (a spare). Put relay in , car started no problem. Put old on back in to check, car stalled, new one back in , started and ran. Hopefully that's the end of it. Must say the RAC guy was brilliant in narrowing the fault down. Fingers crossed, that's it for now. Thanks again for all the feedback. Oh, once , thing. Looking for the relay using "P12 Fuel Pump Relay" was drawing blanks left right and centre. Use the numbers on the side of the relay and it's a pretty common Nissan 5 pin relay and you'll see loads. Cheers folks.

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 7:06pm
Good to hear you have solved it Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12