Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Estate remove fuel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maidstonedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Estate remove fuel
    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 5:08pm
Hi guys - been a while !
Sad story- my wife's 05 (126K) has bitten the dust (Timing chain stretched - Nissan say v poor bottom end oil pressure)
My question is how to remove over half a tank of diesel prior to scrapping. Anti-syphon gauze in tank neck, can't run through fuel pump so I guess the only other option is to take fuel pump out of tank ? Problem with this I can't release the lower load straps to remove the tank cover to access the pump.
Any ideas or thoughts anyone, please ?
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 5:29pm
Take the back seat out Dave and see what you find. Thumbs Up
Roy
maidstonedave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maidstonedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 12:01am
hi Roy and thanks for your response. I have a problem with my back atm and that might be a job too far! I've tilted back seats right forward and that exposes a sheet of horizontal fibreboard (carpet covered)which folds down into the spare wheel area and I assume covers the top of the fuel tank which in turn hides the fuel pump ? a lot of assumptions, I know ! This board is secured by the two lower load restraint clips     which don't seem to want to move and I assume (there I go again !) are bolted through ? Is the pump mounted where I suspect (horizontal) or on the leading edge of the tank (vertical). Any pointers would be appreciated !
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 7:37am
Hi Dave. You need to remove the base of the back seat, no spanners needed, there are 2 ring type pull clips at the front lower part of the seat, [footwell] pull them out, and lift, and the base will come out.
you will then find a triangle shaped cover with 3 10mm nuts on it. remove them and your in. Thumbs Up
Roy
maidstonedave View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maidstonedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 2:04pm
Thanks Roy - you're a total star ! Not given up on Nissan - got wifey an Almera Tino SVE. Nice car, scaled down version of a Primera with most of the toys but not as good !
Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply