Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heart transplant K11, don't ban me yet!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daskulthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heart transplant K11, don't ban me yet!
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:18am
Allow me to introduce myself,

First of all I've actually never owned a primera, only ridden the back seat once and stared down engine bays that held SR's in them.

My first car in fact, was a Silvia S12. Back then my knowledge of mechanical engineering were: 'rwd + turbo = doriftou!' due to the stuff picked up watching Initial D and playing Forza motorsport.

This is where turning wrenches started for me, replacing worn bushings with polyurethane, ball joints, worn dampers for coilovers, reconditioning brake calipers, a basic fmic install and beginner wiring work was all adding to my resumee when things took a turn fort he worst.

On a moist morning i had it’s first track outing without checking my tire pressure, resulting in the view above. With it’s wheelbase shortened 200mm on one side i knew i had to manage another set of wheels to pick up parts for this one.

Few weeks later i inherited a March/Micra through a friend. With a few dents and a few bad sensors it set me back less than a week’s paycheck to have it running correctly. Even though it was slOoow i figured it was perfect for hauling parts fort he next 6 months or so i calculated the restoration to take. In the process i was reminded i had never welded in my life and wanted a forged bottom end among other things so things took a little longer than expected…

In the following year(s) i've picked up some welding classes and began building an understanding, almost respect sort of vibe towards the simplicity and ease of access of the little K11, a different set of wheels and some small suspension work followed decreasing the (immense) body roll.

But one part that always bothered me, was it’s 0-60 time of 16,5 seconds

What you’re watching here is a GA16DE derived from a P11-144, the head, pan and valve cover were taken off for inspection and fresh gaskets installed. The Garrett T25 from my S12 was fitted since I won’t be refitting that later, I rebuilt it’s entire rotating assembly as the housing and turbine wheel were warped after it’s imminent shut down after the crash. All of this I’m trying to run off a P10 SR20DE ecu with nistune installed (83JXX series) . Matching SR 269cc top feed injectors are also fitted on a diy fuel rail.

Further mods include:

DIY mild steel Exhaust Manifold

GA16i distributor/CAS sensor

PRW2 ignitor chip, S12 Ignition Coil

Austin Mini Aluminum Sports radiator with modified in/outlets (25 to 35 o.d)

S13 CA18DET Maf sensor

Generic cone air filter

EGR, A/C and steering pump delete (car had neither)

Oil cooler with thermostat sandwich plate

SLC free 2 Lambda controller

As of currently the car won’t fire as the ref triggers for the CAS aren’t fed 5v by the ECU (pin 22 & 30), currently double checking my loom while waiting for another ECU to arrive.

By the time i get the engine to fire and it’s keeping it’s fluids and guts in i’ll finish the exhaust system (currently just a diy 2,5” mild steel downpipe till about the firewall), try fit in an S15 FMiC if there’s space and try tidying up the bay.

Hopefully that clarifies my visit here! LOL When i run into trouble i am hoping some of you might be able to assist me. Any questions or requests of photo’s i’ll be glad to supply.

Cheers

essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 1:33pm
Hey and a big welcome to NPOC :) You won't be getting banned for any of this, we all love a fast Micra and your project and progress using Primera parts to get it to this stage, is awesome!

I've sorted your piccies from your opening post.. Keep the updates coming.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 2:44pm
Welcome, this looks awesome, please keep us updated with progress and pictures!!
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 2:45pm
Hi Das. Welcome to NPOC. Handshake
Amazing work you are doing there. Thumbs Up
Roy
keithSRI View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithSRI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 5:56pm
This. Is. Awesome. Rockon
Welcome!!
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:19pm
welcome to npoc, was a tasty looking S12 that, shame it ended up like that...
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 9:02am
Sorry to see the S12 in such a state but hopefully we'll be seeing some great things with the K11 - It's shaping up to be awesome!! Welcome to the club
Janner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Kerbalicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 9:16am
Welcome and awesome project.

Keep up the good work.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 1:03pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake, looks like some great project workThumbs Up
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 4:43pm
Welcome to the forum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>