Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heart transplant K11, don't ban me yet!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:46pm
Welcome to the forums, what a nice read!
G20.net MOTM April ´09-NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
daskulthomas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daskulthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 10:02am

Thank you for a warm welcome, and thanks essNchill for fixing my broken links!

As for updates, still haven’t had it firing.

I’m consulting the P10 and P11 FSM’s on here to work it out, though showing an OBD2 style ECM harness layout, i’m hoping pinouts are more or less the same. I’ve had a go at turning the CAS by hand with the ignition on and i’m hearing the injectors clicking, so at least my timing is reaching the ecu and i’m getting fuel i guess?

Whatever it is that’s not giving me spark is before the coil (tested, and even then replaced with a spare. Also checked it with a light bulb just in case.), so i’m currently suspecting my PRW2 power ignitor, even though it’s showing continuity in all the right directions.

In the meantime some photo’s will be spammed from earlier stages.

Since i hadn’t heard the engine run some rattle straps were trown over a beam in the shed to take the sump off for inspection. All looked nice in here yet it had to be taken off anyway to create and entry for the turbo’s oil return, some beaded tube was cut off piece a scrap and welded in place.

In the spirit of ‘rather safe than sorry’ i decided a fresh head gasket wouldn’t hurt. This was also a nice opportunity to check the head, valves and pistons for any weird coloring or mayo (coolant meeting oil). Luckily in my case none of that was the issue, the existing head gasket looked practically new!

I had looked into MLS or copper options but couldn’t find much readily available. The design of the stock HG looks promising on itself though, and heard from an acquaintance that it is able to withstand boost creep up to 1.2 atmosphere (17 psi) through personal experience.

If it wasn’t clear already this is a budget build, i’m not looking to run ¼ mile times or 20psi of boost. If i can succeed in tripling the stock output of 60ps and maintain daily driveability i’ll be a happy man. I will take it out on track when it feels stable but this will mostly be used hauling parts and leave bimmer boys baffled at traffic lights.

RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 1:15pm
Welcome to the club and good luck with the build - all looking good so far! Clap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12