Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello, just joined and you've helped me already:-)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello, just joined and you've helped me already:-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamtaylor180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello, just joined and you've helped me already:-)
    Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 10:07am
Hi Everyone, i've had a P12 since February this year (06 plate) and recently (owing to the longer dark hours) I noticed that I was suffering a loss of power when the lights were on, but if I flicked them off it was like engaging the booster! I originally took it to my local garage who checked the battery, checked the alternator output which were both fine and was left scratching his head - he suggested taking it in to an autoelectrician was the best course of action (and I went a little white at the thought of the cost!). After getting home I did some googling and came across NPOC and was thrilled to read that my problem was likely caused by a poor earth in the rear light clusters - i was even more thrilled after joining NPOC that someone had posted a step-by-step post with pictures detailing how to overcome the problem this a straight forward fix http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-rear-light-removal-now-with-simple-earth-fix_topic16533.html

I'm a very new member to NPOC but wanted to say both Hi and thank you in this first post as I did the fix last night and the problem is completely fixed! Looking at the number of members who have used that fix to great effect it really is the link that keeps on giving!

Merry Christmas to you all,
Adam
rrbarny View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
The Weakest Link!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrbarny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 10:33am
Welcome Adam and glad to see we have already been of help Thumbs Up. Get some pics up of the Primera coz we like piccies , saddo`s that we are lol.
Too old to leave too young to get me pension.
COTM Jan 2013.
I`ve now got me pension
Shaggy(P11) View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaggy(P11) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 10:37am
Hello, hi and welcome along Adam

You'll find lots of help and advice on here, and as you found theres always a good chance that the help you need is already here in a step by step 'how to' guide, and if its not theres an abundance of knowledgeable people on here always willing to help.

Merry Christmas to you to
Hope you enjoy NPOC

and get some pic's of your P12 up, we love pictures here lol
AJTaylor View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 1:00pm
Hello and welcome, glad to hear the club has already saved you ££££! As mentioned, we do like pics here
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 1:41pm
Hi and welcome to NPOC.
jeffthro View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 2:07pm
Welcome to our club Adam, the friendliest car community there is. And, as you've already found out, very helpful and knowledgeable too!
RIP, My old friend TAZ. You are in the loving care of Grim now, may you rest in pieces.
gazandsue58 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazandsue58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 9:39pm
Welcome to the NPOC forums, glad you go your motor sorted and yes we love photos on here.
redshark1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redshark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 10:38pm
Hi Adam! Well done on the fix! Thumbs Up It's what we're all about.

It's well worth becoming a paid up member of NPOC.

You will find great satisfaction in looking after your own car and avoiding the hassle and expense of getting others to solve problems for you. Then, when you need professional help you will be able to deal with people from a position of knowledge and strength.

For me, I've never enjoyed owning a vehicle as much as I've enjoyed owning my primera. Plus, it's the cheapest car I've ever purchased and run. That's down to NPOC and the people here who make NPOC what it is. We all make a contribution. Big smile
See my Nissan Primera P11-144 common faults and fixes guide:
primreble View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primreble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 5:50am
HandshakeHi and welcome to the forums glad you solved your problem love to see sme pics of your primSmile
If its not a prim dont buy it
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 12:03pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake you ought to stick around
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>