Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help! P11 blower fan speed problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! P11 blower fan speed problem.
    Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 6:10pm
Hello 

I am a new member from South Africa with a P11 model primera. Im having a problem with the fan speeds where the blower only works on the fourth speed. Ive read online that the resistor could be the problem. I changed the resistor with a second hand one since its really difficult to get new parts for this car in this country. There problem still remains after changing the resistor. Please can anyone HELP with what could be wrong,  and how can I test is the second hand resistor is actually in working condition.....

ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 6:47pm
hmm difficult to say, as 2nd hand resistor could be just as bad, got any friends with the same model car, you can borrow their car to be sure..for testing purposes
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 11:39pm
The most common failure is due to corrosion at the solder fuse

This one is from a Micra but pretty much the same. Ignore the brown wire.
Above (to the left in the Pic) the 'GA' is the solder fuse. It melts, breaking the circuit in the event of an overheat.

It sits in the incoming airflow, gets damp and corrodes
Scratch either side of the fuse to expose copper and join with solder.

I have fixed a Primera and a Micra with the same fault this way.

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 11:40pm
Pic didn't work

See this link https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/where-is-the-heater-resistor-card.60771/
 Post Reply Post Reply