Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi all - 04/05 Model Specs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi all - 04/05 Model Specs
    Posted: 22 Apr 2007 at 5:51pm
Hi All

This is my first post.  Apologies first of all if this is a repeat post.  Scrolled through a few pages and didn't find any topics on this.

My '96 SRI has just been written off in an accident.  Only got the motor in Aug 06 for £700 with 135k on it and some muppet pulled out of a junction into my path and I T-Boned him.  So it's a write-off :-(  I liked that car too.

I'm now in the market for a newer motor (and diesel) and I was tempted with A4's... still am, but wouldn't pay the guts of £8-10k for a 5-6 yo car with over 100k on the clock. I don't care how many miles a car will do... IMO over 100k ain't worth £9-10k.  That's the going rate in NI atm.

Than I came across the newer Primera's and wow ... I really cannot believe how cheap they are for so little miles.  I'm looking at an 05 2.2Dci SX with Sat Nav and <40k for £7,750... which could maybe be bargined to about 7,300 with cash.  Investigated a little more and some cost a bit less and some a bit more ... but I can't find anything on the different trims/specs of the models.  There also seems to be some confusion on the models themselves... so I came across this site and I'm sort of hoping someone can decipher the differences for me.

I don't know anything about P11 or P12 or whatever, Japanese to me, so if there is a difference let me know that too. 

Anyway, enough of the Jack-a-nory... what I want to know is the difference between the following (if they exist):

S-
SE-
SVE - Leather?
SX -
T-Spec -

Which ones have climate, cruise etc?

Any info greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance,
Christy
Sluffer View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2007 at 9:22pm
Welcome to NPOCSmile.
  Sorry to hear about your loss, but it could lead onto a nice future by the sounds of it. Thumbs%20Up
It is much better to have loved and lost a sheep, than it is to have never loved one at all.
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2007 at 8:08am
Hi there! Sure one of the P12 owners will know the main differences.
Welcome to NPOCSmile

Gutted to hear about the SRi.
Biojoba View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biojoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2007 at 7:03pm
Hello and welcome to NPOCSmile

I don't know the tech spec and levels of the cars, someone else should.

**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2007 at 9:02pm
welcome to NPOC,another p12,need a few more really
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2007 at 11:00pm
Welcome to NPOC ChristyClap

Regarding those models you list.. Some are P11 and some are P12, some are also known trim levels for both cars LOL... So it will be a tricky one to answer.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
christy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 12:28pm
Thanks for the warm welcome. 

Judging by what it says on Wikipedia it looks like a P12 if it's 2005.  To be honest it doesn't really matter that much, but for a small amount more I may as well go for a higher trim/spec.

"N-Form reformed
The so-called N-Form dashboard, which is claimed to reduce the number of buttons and switches needed by half, has received new easy-to-read graphics for 2005. N-Form essentially means a centrally-mounted pod for the info systems and "command centre", which includes the screen for the reversing cameras, now in colour. Also new for 2005 are a redesigned centre console, which has a mobile phone holder, space for 8 CDs and two cupholders, a new cubby hole in the dash and larger door pockets. There are larger, higher-mounted armrests, new interior door trims, aluminium-effect trim for the door pulls and handles, new headlining trim and new fabrics and colour options. Leather upholstery is now standard in SVE and T-spec models, along with heated/electrically-adjustable front seats. All except S models have gained rain-sensing wipers and an auto-dimming electro-chromatic rear-view mirror. Further enhancements include a traffic management info system with the DVD sat nav, which shows tailbacks and hot spots to avoid, an in-dash CD autochanger in SX, SVE and T-spec models (previously fitted in the boot), more functions for the plug-in mobile phone set-up including address book-reading facility, a new steering wheel design for the N-form, phone, audio and cruise control functions plus tyre pressure monitoring in T-Spec models.

1Specification rundown
For September 2004, Nissan has upped spec and added a new trim level, SX. This is what you get for your money:

S models (1.8-litre only) have electronic climate control, front and rear electric windows, a trip computer, a six-inch colour display monitor, hands-free phone kit, twin front, side and curtain airbags, remote central locking with alarm, a CD player with six speakers and electrically-adjustable door mirrors.

SX models (all engines) add: a colour rear-view reversing camera, a six-CD autochanger, plug-and-go telecoms kit, a leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls, rain-sensing wipers, an auto-dimming rear-view mirror, front fog lamps, 17-inch alloy wheels and cruise control.

SE models have S kit plus: 16-inch alloy wheels, a 7-inch colour monitor with colour rear-view camera, DVD navigation, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls, rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, front fog lamps and cruise control.

SVE versions add to SE spec: Black leather upholstery, heated/electrically adjustable front seats, xenon headlamps with power washers, an electric tilt/slide sunroof, a six-CD autochanger, a Thatcham Category 1 alarm and the plug-and-go phone installation.

Range-topping T-spec models (T is for Technology, apparently), in 2.0 petrol/CVT transmission and 2.2 dCi versions only, have SVE trim plus a choice of parchment or silver-stitched Indy leather, ESP (electronic stability programme), 'intelligent' cruise control (2.0 petrol/CVT, with distance-sensing function), tyre pressure monitoring and standard metallic paint. "

Hope this might help somebody else too.  :-)

Christy
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 12:30pm
Yeah good info that and welcome to NPOC.

My mate has an SVE and it is loaded with toys and gadgets :-)
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
Scott1s View Drop Down
Play Nice Group (N)
Play Nice Group (N)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott1s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 12:50pm
take a look in the for sale section . . . . . . .
If you want the fruit to fall, You gotta give the tree a shake
If you shake the tree too hard the bough is gonna break . . .
christy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2007 at 1:00pm
Hi again

After paying just £700 for a 96 SRI, I couldn't resist hunting down another bargain... so got meself a 97 P11 2.0i GX 70k for £770.  The car was in a right state but after a good valleting it's paid off.  It's in good enough order ( a few scuffs here and there) but nothing serious.

One thing though, it seems a bit hard on the petrol.  I can't say for sure yet as I haven't had it that long, but when I start it up, it seems to run pretty high... like an old car with the choke pulled out.  Problem is, it doesn't seem to lower again (maybe I'm not leaving it long enough).

Another question or two, if anyone has any ideas... would I be able to pull the SRI seats out of my 96 car and stick them in the 97? 

One more: when I'm turning right theres a drumming clicking sort of sound from the left wheel... is that the wheel bearing on that side? And if so, is is possible to transfer from the 96 to the 97? 

Last one, promise:  In the P10 I got a new back and Middle exhaust right before it was written off... would I be able to move that to the 97 even though they are different models?

Yes, it does sound like I just want my 96 one back, but I'm happy enough especially with the extra power of the 2 litre engine. Smile  If it goes for a year or two (which it will with only 70k) then ye ha, gives me time to save for a P12.

Any info greatly appreciated
Christy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>