Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi everyone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basky19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi everyone
    Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:46pm

Just got a 2.0ltr P12 sve estate. Love the car but only prob is the cd player does not work. (sat nav is fine) have read a few posts on another forum that this is common fault.

My question is has anyone taken one to bits and got it working again? its not pulling the cd in so looks like a belt might have come off or something???

By the way love the site but i carn't seem to get access to the tech pages have i done something wrong??Confused

Katie View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

The property of The Spastics Society

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:48pm
Welcome to NPOC.

Enjoy your stay, and post some pictures up.

To access all the site, you need to be a paid member, either elite or standard. There is a thread regarding that in the subsection for joining up
master_at_work View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master_at_work Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:49pm
Welcome to NPOC you have to become a member to access those pages mate.
New Signature Coming Soon
Nissan Primera ............... THE BROTHER Coming Soon
Nissan Primera P10 LX CAR OF THE MONTH DECEMBER 2006 !!!
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:52pm
Welcome to the club, the SVE is a very nice model indeed.  Not come across any with cd loading trouble though, which forum suggested a common fault on those?

We have some Nissan techs on our boards, I'm sure one of those will let you know of any known procedure for fixing the cd player Smile.
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
basky19 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basky19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 3:10pm
Thanks guys for the warm welcome!!
Shame theres no way to pay membership on line, "runs off to find cheque book" LOL

RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 4:06pm
Hi mate, welcome 2 NPOC Smile

Afraid i dnt kno an awful lot about the P12's.

Wat does it do wen u try 2 insert the disk? Does it make any noises or try to pull it in then stop? Or does it jus do nowt?

basky19 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basky19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 4:26pm
Hi Tom,
when I put a disc half way in the slot, it does not take it off me and pull it in to the slot, I can push the disc all the way in and the screen changes to disc player then after about 20 seconds it says no disc in slot (if that makes sense) looks like the intake/eject side of things is not working.
I carn't see that there is much to go wrong on the internal workings of a cd player so I'm assuming that there is a belt or sensor that has come loose??

thanks for any help you and everyone else can offer.

Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 4:34pm
That sounds really annoying, does sound like a sensor not telling the unit that the disk is loaded as you say.  Be interesting to hear what that is.

Sometimes my cd player only ejects my disk slightly and I have to grab it and pull it out.
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 5:03pm
Hmm not sure then maybe its a little motor that pulls it in & seats it down that not workin but the gearing still is (thus y u can push it in)  seen this on tray loader home Cd player b4 - bt realy im jus guessin.

Id b very weary about dismantling the thing tho cos of the probs people hav had wiv them in the past.

Good luck tho, hope u get it sorted Smile

m3rlin View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3rlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 5:47pm
Welcome along.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>