Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish AOC Member, p11 Help Needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D_turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Irish AOC Member, p11 Help Needed
    Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 3:58pm
From ireland

Been register on aoc last 2 or 3 years
Drive a pulsar vzr

Currently looking to buy a primera p11

Its a 2l diesel, Are they all turbo? or non turbo?
Iv seen a lot saying turbo diesel, and alot that just say 2l diesel

Are there any faults?
Id like to keep My run around nissan as have had no probs to date with my previous 4 vzrs and Almera Dci van :D

thanks, 
Jim View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
NPOC S.H.A.T.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 4:04pm
Hey,

All P11 Primera will be Turbo Diesel rather than straight diesel. Unfortunately the reviews of them are pretty poor, as they tend to be heavy, slow and pretty bad on the MPG front (You get better MPG from a 1.6 Petrol P11 Primera). Not heard of any faults engine wise, the rest are just wear and tear - CV's, suspension bushings etc.

Hope that is of some help,

All the best,

Jim

D_turbo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D_turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 4:06pm
Cool, well thats a plus
I was looking at a 1.4 almera, but i have a pulsar, And its a sow on juice
And i had an almera, and was heavy aswell

And Wintrey condiotons here so expecting snow, so would like a big lump of a turbo diesel to get me to and from college and work?

Jim View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
NPOC S.H.A.T.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 4:36pm
We've got a 306 D-Turbo, and I've got to admit it's brilliant in the snow - much better than my girlfriend's father's Mondeo TDCI when the roads start to get mushy.

Really good on the fuel too and very easy to tune (More or less fully mechanical engine), and the only issue we've had with it was a seized axillary belt tensioner.

D_turbo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D_turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 4:44pm
I had a 306 D turbo and i swore never again, 
Eletrics went, Wheel bearings and bushings, was a never ending money pit
Best thing that ever happend was it was rear ended and scrapped

And i had an audi a4, problems again

So said id stick to what i know this time, which is nissans
fearghal View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fearghal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 7:17pm
i had a p11 1997 TD for 2 or 3 years,i found it quiet nippy and reliable and not too bad on juice.wiper linkages and bushings and the like are common faults the engines are tough,my advice is get one with a long NCT,my one had 170thousand on it and passed the test before i sold it,to buy my p11 gt,
fearghal
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 8:29pm
hello and welcome to npoc mate.

P11's in the diesel versions ain't that great, as mentioned better off getting a 1.6 version or even a 2.0 Sri or something, if ya want diesel power then you are better off with other makes, unless ya get a N16...they are better than the Primera versions as they are a lighter car..
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
 Post Reply Post Reply