Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2006 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

January 2006 - DNA540i (P10)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: January 2006 - DNA540i (P10)
    Posted: 13 Jun 2007 at 6:49pm

Congratulations go to Dan (DNA540i) for winning Car of the Month for January 2006.

His fantastic P10 eGT is a display of how awesome the P10 is and can be with some careful modification.

Well done Dan, how does it feel to win Car of the Month?

It feels great thanks, a real nice surprise. I'd like to thank everybody who chose my car for the honour of COTM.

Can you tell us a bit about yourself before we discuss the car?

Well, I'm 23 now, live in north London and work in the city centre. I've loved cars my whole life and taught myself a lot. I did a two year college course in motor vehicle studies and worked part time in my local BMW/JEEP dealership service workshop. I spend quite a bit of time at the gym and going all over England to all the car shows I can get too. I'm making a website at the moment, I'll let you all know when it is up and running so you can have a look.

What made you choose the eGT, is this your first Primera?

Well I had a 1.6 LX as my first car. I loved the handling and reliability so much I looked into better models. After lots of careful trawling of the net I decided I liked the tens better. I think I can see more modding potential in them.Then I found the number plate P10 EGT on DVLA and had to have it. So after a long time I finally came across my ten in north Wales. Spotless and only 53K on the clock I went up and bought it. The modding began.

Is this your first venture into modification, any previous exploits to speak of?

Well I had to make a few self made mods on the 1.6 as there's not too much sold for that model but not too much on that one. It had a set of 17s on and it was lowered but that was all really. The majority of my work is on all of my friend's cars though so I've done quite a bit.

How did you come to find NPOC?

I had found it on the net before but hadn't been able to join at the time. Then I ran into some of the guys on show at ripspeed Donny. Turns out that because of my number plate I was already known to some of the members. So when I got home I promptly joined the club and haven't looked back since.

About time we heard the specification of your ten, hit us with it!!

Right, well it started off with the NPOC sunstrip. The car got lowered on 40mm Spax springs. Then the wheels went on; 18" Kei Racing Force 8's in Yokohama Parada rubber. A strut brace on the front mounts completes the chassis mods for now. The Engine as you?ll know is the SR20DE. I've added the following:

Splitfire Triple Platinum spark
Magnecor 8.5mm triple core HT leads
Spitfire voltage frequency changer on coil lead
Hotshot cold air induction kit
Powerflow catback exhaust with 5" Jap style tip
Optima red top battery

The oil and filter is changed every 6K miles and is fully synthetic.

On the inside I have put in some carbon fibre look dash panels, real carbon fibre gear knob and chrome dial rings. I have a Pioneer head unit and Infinity speakers all round. I have the makings of a full boot build (2X12" subs, three amps, two caps and much larger component speakers) but I'm not sure I want the extra weight so I'm undecided on whether to put it all in or not.

Awesome!! I believe there are a few things sitting in the pipeline too, care to divulge?!

Yes, I have JWT S3 cams, JWT lightweight adjustable sprockets, Hotshot ceramic coated manifold and downpipe and a B&M quickshifter are sitting in my room waiting to go on. As soon as the chance arises to fit them all I will.

Wow, cool mods!! If money were no object, what modification would you most like to make to your car?

Ah, there are so many but hopefully they will all come true. Let me tell you all I have a big big plans for this car and I'm keeping them under close raps. Hopefully if all goes to plan you'll all be seeing one of the most modded tens around at some of the upcoming shows.

As one of our most respected stealth members, can we hope to see some more posting from you on the forums in 2006?!

Oh yes, I'll definitely be on there as much as I can. It's always great meeting you all face to face at the meets so I'll be keeping in touch on here as much as possible.

Congratulations for winning Car of the Month, your eGT is a superb car and should inspire the ten army. Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone you wish:

Thank you all again for choosing me and my car this month. It's a great pleasure to join the halls of fame on NPOC. Have a fantastic new year and I'll speak to or see you all soon.

Car of the Month January 2006 - Dan - DNA 540i (P10 eGT)

Written by Stevie-Boy

Post Reply Post Reply