Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2006 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June 2006 - NPOC @ Japfest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June 2006 - NPOC @ Japfest
    Posted: 15 Jun 2007 at 12:50am

Feature of the Month - Japfest 2006

Welcome to the feature on NPOC at Japfest 2006. I hope this gives you a good idea of how it was for us at the event and that you enjoy the review and the pictures.

The Intro

Japfest is one of the biggest events on the Japanese car calendar and NPOC are always proud to be there and stand alongside our fellow clubs. This year we got our attending member list togther and decided to meet at the Little Chef which is pretty close to the Castle Combe circuit and is a great point for us to get together and convoy to the event.

We were there for 7.00am, breakfast for those of us that hadn't eaten (note to self, sausage butty four quid, bring own food next year), time for a good chat and then we left just after 7.30am to head for the circuit.

The Pitch

When we arrived at the event, we realised our plot was basically long and thin, not unlike myself really!! We basically had the length of a car, no room to get round the back of the cars properly for a good inspection so at first this seemed like a bad spot.

In fairness, we were in a place which was pretty much central to the entire location, to get from one end to the other people would have no choice to walk right next to our cars, we can safely say we got noticed!!

Given a choice between a large pitch in the corner or our central pitch, I'd have taken our pitch everytime!

The shot above shows our patch backing onto the trees and also shows the amount of people getting a clear eyeful of our club cars.

The Attendees

There's one thing you can count on with NPOC, our members love a good event and we always turn out in good numbers to enjoy ourselves and show out for the club. Here we have a rundown of who brought their car to the show:

Raikesy

GJEGT

Shade

Stevie Boy (Me!!)

Usuf_X

Blue

Jimmer

D4N69

MysticMike

NikC

DNA540i

Chris L46GTG

GT_Andy

essNchill

Ragt20

Surfamakikomi

Longly Awaited Items!

The squirrels amongst us have the ability to keep quiet on things we do to our cars and give everyone first showing at events. Also, it's nice to see modifications in the flesh and see how things really look. Here is the pick of fresh mods for this season:

Shauns Wheels (18" ADR Racing Phase 1's)

Japfest was the first time I saw the new styling to Shauns wheels and they looked fantastic. The rim and centre cap in gold with the GT logo was a lovely touch and really set the car off. Good job Shaun and Mike!

Niks Spoiler

We knew Nik had been busy with a few jobs before the event and this spoiler on his 144 SE+ was a cracking touch and beautifully done.

GT Andys Recess Covers

Beautifully crafted and dished out to many people at the event, Andys recess covers should be a big success and look superb. Get one, I did!!

Whose going to impress us at JAE??!!

The Rest of the Show

Beyond NPOC, many other clubs showed out but most entertaining of all, having an event at Castle Combe circuit means track time!! A lot of clubs had their own track time and if you check out the Japfest review thread in our forum meetings section, you can see stacks of pictures from the circuit and the rest of the show. The mighty Driftworks showed off with some demos, here are a couple of taster photos:

Niks Review
I asked club hero NikC to give us a review of his day at Japfest, here is that review:

'I really enjoyed attending Japfest with the NPOC, it was my first time at a show and I was slightly nervous about meeting all the people from the forum but that was to be short lived. I was the second car to pull into the meeting place where I was greeted by GT_Andy who was a really nice bloke, we got chatting about Primeras and the day ahead. Soon plenty of other Prims turned up, then soon the car-park was brimming with NPOC'rs! It was great to put faces to names, and I soon met all of the regulars from the forums.

After about 20 minutes, it was time to depart to Castle Combe race-track, so we set off... It was a sound to be heard, nearly 20 Prims at full chat.

We made a convoy to the track - about 4 miles away, we soon got there and we parked up at our stand - then the rain started! That didn't put a damper on the day at all, we took shelter in the cars - and I got my rather ''floral'' umbrella out!

The day itself was brilliant, especially seeing all the different types of Jap Muscle. It was brilliant to see the Primeras too, as the Primera's never been at the forefront of peoples' minds when they think of Japtuning, it was certainly a great showing. There were some lovely sleepers from P10s right up to my only P11-144 for the day. An excellent effort at getting the Primera out there and in peoples' faces !

My Uncle joined me for the day, who hadn't been to a car show before, and at the age of nearly 60 absolutely loved it! So much so, he'll be present at many more shows including this year's JAE!

It was a wonderful atmosphere, a great attitude from all the club members' helped make it a wonderful day, an attitude that attests to the saying ''you don't have to have a modded monster to be part of the Nissan Primera Owners Club''

I made some great friends during the day, and it's great to meet people off the forum - a wonderful day from start to finish! Highly reccomended! - NikC''

Many thanks Nik!

The Roundup Pictures

We can't complete an event review without some shots of club amusement and fun and just to sum up the day. As Nik said, some bad weather threatened to spoil the day but it sharpened up enough for us to have a great day and stand proud for NPOC. Many thanks to all who turned up for helping to boost the profile of our club. You all rule!!

Here's one of our club owners Shaun (essNchill) escaping the weather and hiding in his Nordic GTLE for a quick cigarette!

Mystic Mike captured on the way to the event:

One of the best points of events is people getting stuck in and chatting, getting those bonnets up and seeing what is what:

Nik briefs his crew on the day ahead:

All in all we have a great day, roll on JAE!!

Feature of the Month June 2006 - NPOC at Japfest

Written by Stevie Boy with help from NikC

Post Reply Post Reply