Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2007 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June 2007 - NPOC @ Japfest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June 2007 - NPOC @ Japfest
    Posted: 23 May 2007 at 7:35pm

NPOC at Japfest

Castle Combe Circuit Saturday 19th May 2007

Introduction

Japfest is one of the biggest events on our calendar and is eagerly awaited by our members all year!  It's a great opprtunity for us to get together and catch up and to watch some awesome track action.  This Japfest was no different to the superb event we're used to, an early meet up at a nearby Little Chef gets us all together and created a super cool Primera convoy into the event.  Check out these pictures:

The Attendees

A meet wouldn't be a meet without our fantastic members.  Another cracking turnout and the motors looking superb.  Introducing the NPOC attendees:

DNA540i

Dan blew us away with the first public unveiling of his gorgeous eGT with turbo conversion, very nice! Clap

Tom-P10

Is there a meet he doesn't attend?!  One of our biggest meet attenders, no surprise to see Tom here with his stunning P10.

Datman

Former CotM and JAE award winner, we all know and love this one!

Blue

Currently undergoing a transformation, how sexy is this motor?! Clap

NaughtyNorm

Another frequent meet attender, Andy has his motor looking gorgeous.

Derek

Another member who is no stranger to a meet, great to see Derek again with his awesome 144.

Stevie-Boy

It's me!  My car is currently between looks at the moment, so I shall swiftly move on! Big%20smile

Gobbo

Just before Japfest Andrew suffered a damaged bumper unfortunately, but how sexual is his JDM GTLE.

Sluffer

Easily one of the finest tens in the club, show love for Gazzes eGT.

Crazy Taxi

Making it's show debut, this tasty new eGT belonging to Paul and Ant.

StonyRay

Making his show debut, great to see Andrew in his tasty ginger!

SamParsons

Another first club outing for Sam in his superb GT.

Shade

Very graciously tucking hs motor away at the back, Ade brought along his beautiful Skyline R33 GTR.

Ragt20

With his GT currently awaiting a rebuild, G came along in his turbo converted Almera, lovely!

Primera_GT_200

Another first timer to an NPOC meet, we were only too pleased to see Charles in his stunning GT.

Dan

A very tasty GT here belonging to Dan, love the styling Clap.

essNchill / Biojoba

Shaun and Caroline came along in their fantastic Nordic GTLE.

Nordicblue99

Another NPOC show debut, Russ showed off his supercool Nordic.

BigSydney

Another debut here, super duper P11-144.

Karl72

Yet another debut and another cracking P11-144.

GtR142

Chris came along in his uber-tasty GT.

Lee

Check out this awesome P11 belonging to Lee

P12DMR

Is this GT belong to David lovely?  We think so!

Nabber

A very popular club car, great to see Nabber again.

NikC

Always a pleasure to see Nik and the Japanese Bentley. Big%20smile

FriedGold

Last but not least we have Tim in his stunning P11.

Group Shots

Now we've seen all the members, let's see some group shots of the stand and the cars.

Notable Incidents

At a big meet, you're guaranteed something is going to happen!  The GT belonging to Samparsons decided to let go a driveshaft just before he made it to the event Cry.  Rather than get towed home, he got towed into the event so that he could enjoy the day and then left in style.

Mahoosive shouts to Samparsons for making it to the meet and also to StonyRay who acted as tow car to get the GT into the event, even knowing his clutch was on it's way out!!  True NPOC spirit Clap.

The legend himself, young Josh showed everyone how it's done on Daves PS2 install!

Member Quotes

Here are a few quotes from our members to sum up their time at Japfest.

"Hi ppl. Firstly thanks to all the people who organised it. Nice to meet up and put somes names to faces as this was my first npoc event. You're a good bunch of peeps. Can't wait till the next event. "
NORDICBLUE99

"aye was a cracking day....weather much better then last year.....smashin to meet up with all the regulars and old faces....and to meet plenty of new chaps.... was a shame to hear about Sam's mota first thing in the morning...though real cool of Stonyray to tow him down....."
RAGT20

"Had a Brill day out thanks organizers nice to see all the gang again"
P12 DMR

"1st up a big thanks to all of you members who turned out for the event and again showed what an awesome club we have here.  Thanks to all of you long distance travellers, many hours driving to line up with the rest of us.. You're all amazing!!  It was nice to meet you all again and nice
to meet some new faces."
ESSNCHILL

"A big thank you to everyone at Japfest for making us new members very welcome. It was a great day and had some great ideas for the JAE show. So gutted to see all the nice sound systems in your cars that i had to go out today and spoil myself and get a 12" boxed sub.  The club is 100% better than i thought, so thanks again to all members for a throughly
enjoyable day, See you at JAE."
BIGSYDNEY

"Epic weekend.  Utterly epic!  From start to finish it was mint!  I'm glad everyone got back alright!"
NIKC

"Had a wicked weekend & yes I pretty much ended up the colour of a lobster on my face & neck!  Great 2 see all the regulars and meet some
new chaps.  Great fun from start till finish"
TOM-P10

The Round Up

Still not convinced you'd like to attend Japfest 2008?  Check this round-up of photos including some crazy track action!  There's nothing quite like being right at the side of the track and seeing live action.

Awesome drift action, up close and personal!!

Phwoar!!

How often do you see an R34 GTR thrashing round a track?

Summary

Japfest is a great day out, much more than just a few cars in a car park, its a full event with awesome track action thrown in too.  Huge thanks to Sluffer for organising the event and getting everyones tickets and passes sent out in super swift time.  Now the final word from our club owners on their feelings of the day.

Japfest goes from strength to strength for the NPOC. Going from a couple of Primeras and a Passat on the stand a few years ago to this years event which had around 30 cars turn up, goes to show how well things have progressed for the NPOC at Japfest over the last couple of years.

The NPOC love was also truly out in force, from the likes of Samparsons13 who didn't let something like a broken driveshaft spoil his day, getting to the show towed by another NPOC member (StonyRay) whom he had never even seen before.
Hopefully this will be the start to another bigger, better brighter year for the NPOC at all the shows we make an appearance at.

Many thanks from club's owners and staff team, to all those who turned up to show their support for the NPOC and making this a great start to the seasons main shows.

We look forward to seeing you all again over the coming years shows and meets!!!

Feature of the Month - Japfest - June 2007
Written by Stevie Boy
 Post Reply Post Reply