Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2013 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June 2013 - NPOC @ Japfest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June 2013 - NPOC @ Japfest
    Posted: 29 May 2013 at 4:57am
As we make our traditional change to COTM and do a Club Feature instead - This June 2013 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2013 at Castle Combe (held on May 12th), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERSRockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the Club - THANK YOUClap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal COTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your wordsClap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there. These will be "in this colour"Smile.. There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended JapfestThumbs%20Up.

The NPOC have been attending Japfest since 2005 and this was our 9th showing as a club. Having just checked the Meet Archives, I can confirm that our 1st Japfest together, we had just 3 Primeras on display.. LOOK AT US NOW!Clap We were one of the biggest clubs in attendance and that is all down to the time and effort you all put in - The NPOC is a major player on the Jap Car Meet scene!!

Japsniper: "Super day great to see every body and meet new faces, this event is always the best so see you all next year."

Mad Maru: "Great day - Looking forward to the next one and seeing the regulars and their cars."

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Castle Combe in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:00 and we took up residence as normal, in the Little Chef car park... But bizarrely no one took any photos of us all at the pre-meet (for the 2nd year in a row), so I'll cheat and steal an image or 2 from the archives, for representation of the fact LOL!:

^^ It looked summing like thatLOL ^^

Janner: "Well this was my 3rd Japfest so far and the most enjoyable yet! A great turn out and the Primeras were all looking awesome as usual and some excellent action on the track, especially when the Primeras came out to show what they're made of - I did get a lil' excited!"

roy.2: "Great day! Good to have all those Primeras on track."

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Nissan Primeras and convoy to the circuitThumbs%20Up

Nismocrazy: "Thanks for a great day. Nice to meet such a friendly load of Primera lovers. Thanks for letting me fit the S13 in."

There was plenty to see and do at Japfest 2013 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public) and off course some of the awesome drift demosRockon Here's a look at the D1 talent (and the NPOC do not take any credit for these photos, they have been borrowed from the public domain, if the copyright owner would like me to give credit - Please get in touch):

Andrew: "Was a good day, despite the weather which although much better than forecast was still fooking cold in the wind!!"

Taz Taylor: "Just want to say what a fantastic day I had yesterday. In all honesty I think this was my best Japfest yet. Really good turn out from the club and some excellent track action, not only from the drifters but from our very own members taking their beloved Primera's for a jolly. Great to see! My 2 guests, Robin and Mikey both enjoyed themselves. Robin is more of a retro Ford man but said how surprised and how big the show was and what a great atmosphere. As for Mikey, well it was nice to have his company and to finally get him out to his first big club meet."

Let's have a look at some of the members cars on our Club Stand - Guys and gals, your cars all looked fantasticBow%20Down:

Bobs GT: "Certainly was a fantastic meet. Me and my family had a great time with the NPOC. Was great to catch up with you all and excellent to see the club cars in convoy and on the track. Thanks again."

FriedGold: "Just got back. Still hanging from last night! Japfest was epic. Great turnout and my first time on track in the JB. I was bricking it as I sat in the pits but the car was faultless so I really got to have some fun. I am definitely hooked now! Great circuit. Once again, huge thanks to the club organisers. Fantastic day (and night). Also, thanks to those who took pictures."

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to some of our members as well!! 4 Nissan Primeras on track and 1 club member in an Almera GTi representingClap - Here's a little spotlight for those guys (and girls) out on track.

Japsniper: Silver P11 with NPOC livery.
FriedGold: P11 144.
Roy.2: Mystic P11.
Dysopath: Ginger P11.
Dysopaths partner (sorry can't remember her name): Almera.

shade: "Was another great meet. Shame about the weather, it's usually good at Japfest. Good to see everyone again!"

Tom-P10: "Awesome weekend chaps! Had a brilliant weekend from start to finish. Another great Japfest and although the wind was cold (I even had to change out of my shorts it was so cold ), at least the rain held off mostly. Great to see all the cars looking great, even though the rain on the route had made the cars dirty again even after the cleaning and polishing of the days before! Good to see the guys taking to the track and everyone did very well. Colin was an animal on track as usual and didn't disappoint! Great weekend!"

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster, here's a few highlights from the show walkaround:

Rocker_Kev: "Ollie and I had a great time, even though it was rather windy! Thanks to everyone for making us welcome to our first National event."

dopeygti: "Really good day out, good to see everyone and weather kinda held off which was good."

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars and a look at some of our awesome members faces too!:

dysopath: "Just got home, we had a great weekend!"

kitfar: "Wow, what a day again, loved it. Great to see such a fantastic show of Primeras and assorted other cars on the NPOC stand, well done to the track guys, you did us and yourselves proud! Looking forward to Japfest 2 and getting excited already!"

essNchill: "WOW.. What a show!!! An awesome turn out of Primeras and other cars on the stand, they all sat nicely together and the stand was well turned out. We had some iffy weather but that's par for the course every year LOL.. Bizarrely it was probably the 1st year where I didn't come home looking like a lobster!!

Well done guys and gals for making this one such a cracker, it was a great start to the yearly National Events. It's you lot that make these events such a success for the club!

Many thanks to all who came out an represented the NPOC!!"

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

June 2013 COTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2013

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply