Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Member Of The Month > 2015 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

June 2015 - NPOC @ Japfest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

MOTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NPOC_MOTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: June 2015 - NPOC @ Japfest
    Posted: 26 May 2015 at 11:07am
As we make our traditional change to MOTM and do a Club Feature instead - This June 2015 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2015 at Castle Combe (held on May 16th), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERSRockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the Club - THANK YOUClap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal MOTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your wordsClap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there. These will be "in this colour"Smile.. There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended JapfestThumbs%20Up.

The NPOC have been attending Japfest since 2003 and this was our 13th showing as a club. Having just checked the Meet Archives, I can confirm that our 1st Japfest together, we had just 3 Primeras on display.. LOOK AT US NOW!Clap We were one of the biggest clubs in attendance and that is all down to the time and effort you all put in - The NPOC is a major player on the Jap Car Meet scene!!

kiddyGT79: "Awesome day out at Japfest today, lovely weather, and no traffic jams! Good to see everyone again, got to be a passenger round the track too! Great day!"

PhillKing: "Was great to meet everyone. Truly a fantastic day, with some awesome people. Thanks for the hospitality from everyone, and welcoming me into the group. Had an awesome day!!Hopefully see you all at Japfest 2."

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Castle Combe in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:00 and we took up residence as normal, in the Little Chef car park... Here's a look at some sleepy faces but an awesome display of cars:

Criteria: "What an awesome day today! Me and my bro both had a great time. It was great to see such a good turnout, with some very nice cars on the NPOC stand. Was good to see you all again, next year I think we'll be joining in with the hotel and after show drinks. Big thanks to Shaun for sorting me the fog light, it was a real life saver!"

ady_c: "Wow what a day!!! Thanks Shaun for organising this meet. Had a cracking day, left home at 3am!!! Weather spot on and did 3 track sessions."

L_wylde: "Had an awesome day out with the NPOC family as always, we had an early start to the day though! The weather was lovely and the stand and cars looked great. Can't wait for the next meet now."

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Nissan Primeras and convoy to the circuitThumbs%20Up

Janner: "Oooouuuccchhh stinging burning, I now have brown arms yay but red face and neck LOL. Loved it and met lots of new faces with lengthy chats. Initially I didn't clean Ginge while I was there but as the weather picked up the dirt became more visible and all your Primeras looked nice and clean, so gave in and cleaned her. Some great track viewing, really loved that little green Micra clinging on to the corners for dear life LOL. Roll on next year! :)."

David Mcn (FB): "I would like to thank you all for letting my family and I join you all at Japfest this year. It was the first time for the 3 of us and we'll deffo be coming along again and hopefully meet up with you all next time."

There was plenty to see and do at Japfest 2015 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public) and off course some of the awesome drift demosRockon Here's a look at the D1 pro drifty talent:

roy.2: "What a fantastic day,a little cool to start off with but the weather soon picked up and gave us a bright warm sunny day. Good to meet all the regulars and nice to meet the new folk and welcome them into the NPOC family. Great track action too by the boys who got out there - Well done."

michaelp9149 (FB): "Great day at Japfest!"

Let's have a look at some of the members cars on our Club Stand - Guys and gals, your cars all looked fantasticBow%20Down We'll start with a look at the Nissan Primera's and look at the other members cars (NON Primera later):

FriedGold: "Great day, lovely weather, nice people and we were all on site before 7.30am this time! Legacy was great on the track until I cooked the gearbox. Transmission cooler on the shopping list next. Had a nice evening in Chipping Sodbury too with Jane, Tom, Rich, and Tez. Thanks again to the organisers!"

sunny1600: "A quick thanks for the hospitality as usual. Was great to see all my npoc friends again. And it was nice to meet new."

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to some of our members as well!! 6 of them got on the track and represented!! Here's some action shots of the guys:

Sunny1600: White S12 (Dutch plates)
Mike (Another Dutchy): Blue Starlet
ady_c: Silver P11 (T950)
OrangeApple85: Silver P11 (V773)
Dad's Taxi: Black P11 144
FriedGold: Shit blurpley coloured Scoobaru tractor thing (I hate him and his car!) <3

edk_N16 (FB): "Thanks for having me on your stand."

RocketMan: "Wot a good day it was."

We have a lot of members who currently find themselves driving other cars, we are a members 1st cars 2nd club!! Here's a look at the other cars on our club stand:

Rocker_Kev: "Was good to see everyone - thanks for a great day!"

naughtynorm: "Thanks for the welcome given to me and Simon on the day, all I can say is.. It's good to be back."

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster, here's a few highlights from the show walkaround:

dysopath: "We had a great day. Thoroughly enjoyed it as always."

RS Tom-Hundred: "Great weekend as usual with great cars, great track action and great people! Seemed to miss a few people while either I or they, were wondering and didn't manage to meet many new peeps or catch up, with enough of you guys as Id like but hopefully solve that at Japfest2 / JAE etc."

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars and a look at some of our awesome members faces too!:

essNchill: "I just wanted to say.. WOW! What an awesome day with the NPOC @ Japfest!.. The weather was outstanding for starters and yeah, I'm nicely sunburnt as I write this. No traffic issues whatever getting in to the show this morning, an epic turn out of members today too.

BIG thanks to everyone who showed up to represent the club!!."

Thanks to member edk_N16 (Ed Keating) for the additional photographs in this feature, please do check him out here:

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

June 2015 MOTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2015

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply