Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2009 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

May 2009 - Prim-n-Proper (P11)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May 2009 - Prim-n-Proper (P11)
    Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 2:42am

Congratulations on winning May 2009 COTM Martin, you are now officially the man and deservedly so! How does it feel?

Awesome and humbling - There are so many wicked cars in this club all deserving an award, I didn’t really think I deserved this but I am truly made up to have been picked.

Before we discuss your car, let’s talk about you the owner – Tell us a bit about yourself and what you get up to, away from the NPOC.

I’m 46 and at the moment I am a freight train driver (boring) but will be changing that soon. I am married to my very understanding wife Sharon and we have two great kids, Aidan and Erin. I thoroughly enjoy a nice barbeque, bit of footie and a bottle of vodka! DIY permitting!

How did your Nissan Primera ownership start out? Was it inspired by the TV and the BTCC or you just liked the look?

A bit embarrassing really but until my first Primera I was almost exclusively a blue oval man (proper ones mind!). My last pre Primera car was a 1975 mk2, white 2.0 JPS Capri with a Janspeed turbo conversion. I needed a bigger car and got in a taxi home one night, it had 4 doors, nice and roomy, leather seats, a bit of oomph and handled well, turned out it was an eGT! That was me sold LOL.

How did you find the Nissan Primera Owners Club and what keeps you signing in each and every day?

The first Primera I had came with purep10 stickers, so I joined there but after a while I felt they were not moving along, so hunted around and found the NPOC. I just like the camaraderie of the club and the variety of people / topics… It’s never dull.

You’re no stranger to the Nissan Primera as a car and we know you’ve owned a few now, can you give us a all reminder of your past Primeras please and what keeps you in a Primera?

1, P10 2.0 SLX red hatch

2, P10 eGT black loon

3, P11 GT hatch

4, P10 eGT red hatch

5, P10 2.0 SE green loon

6, P11 2.0 SLX loon (current)

They’re just great cars to drive fast!

On to your awesome and current Primera. Please do tell us the full specification and mod list on your cracking P11 Primera SLX.

ENGINE

GT head + ECU

UR racing lightweight pulleys

Full CAI into n/s wing - home made

Magnecor leads

Ground wire kit - home made

Voltage stabiliser

Timing to 17degrees

Full stainless exhaust system back to front with big bore header + down pipe

Re-painted cam cover - home done

BODY / INTERIOR

GT front bumper + skirts

144 rear bumper

Nissan wind deflectors

Seat Cupra front splitter

Rear spats

HID’s - group buy

Red-out rear lenses

Optic blue front tint headlights and fogs

Audi stylee front LED strips

Clear repeaters

One piece grille

Carbon fibre effect door pillars
Bonnet lifters

SRi seats / door cards

Carbon effect dial bezel + chrome rings

144 chrome heater vents

Momo gear knob + gaiter

Colour coded KLO dash

Blue LED clocks/heater/door switches

Ripspeed steering wheel

SUSPENSION / WHEELS ETC

Front + rear strut braces

Koni shocks with Eibach springs

17” Toora alloys

Painted calipers with Greenstuff pads

What’s your favourite modification or after market part to date?

Definitely and without any doubt, my one piece bonnet grille, bought from a German site. Fitting this involved much trouser soiling when cutting the bonnet!

Have you gained inspiration from any of the cars you see on NPOC, or have you pretty much tried to do your own thing?

A bit of both I like to think. There are so many great cars in the club, it would be easy to just “clone“ one. I like to try and get inspired by the others and adapt it to my style, which I like to think of as, subtle with a hint of “what the hell is that?, hence the lack of badges LOL.

Some of us will know the car from the original NPOC owner and also about the massive plans he had for the car. As it panned out, the car and the engine (now in a boosted Nordic) got separated, do you wish you had both?

Seriously?… No, I like my Primera for what it is, honestly.

You’ve been a regular face at the regional meets up North, are we gonna see you get out to some of the NPOC National Meets?

Maybe not this year but next year for sure.

In your earlier days at NPOC, you had some angry moments LOL! But you are now a respected and chilled out senior member, did the famous NPOC Love turn you around?

Yes but not in that way Shaun LOL. I was suffering a hangover from the other Primera club issues when I joined here and as people that know me will tell you…I am deffo not an angry dude.

Can you dig K11 Micras now then?

Don’t get me started again or I’ll start talking about the cost of sump washers LOL!

To finish with, the comedy (semi serious) quick fire question round!

Jedi or The Dark Side? – Jedi

P10 or P11? – I’m not even going there in public… See below

Digestives or Hobnobs? – Hobnobs FTW… The SAS of biscuits when it comes to dunking.

80’s or 90’s? – 70’s

NA or Turbo? – NA (V8)

MP3’s or Vinyl? – MP3

Tell us your favourite NPOC car – Wow, tough one that…… It’s gonna have to be two:

P10… Spealtrong’s old P10 SRi (now owned by FriedGold)

P11… Supertourer’s GT

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know all about you and your Primera Martin, it’s been a pleasure doing this one. Congratulations once again for winning Car Of The Month for May 2009! Take a deep breath and tell us your thanks and anything else, you want to close this feature with.

Without going all Gwyneth Paltrow on everyone… Each and every member for making this such a great club to be part of, the staff and owners for keeping it all together.

Rodney for his never ending modding, Nordic Scooby for his awesome LED mods when you’re not looking and all the new friends I have met through this club, near and far, you know who you are.

Congratulations once again to Martin!

May 2009 COTM - Prim-n-Proper

Written by essNchill
 Post Reply Post Reply