Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member P11 144 Hatch advice on seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member P11 144 Hatch advice on seats
    Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:10pm
Hi All this is my first post, thanks for adding me. Big smile

I have a P11 144 Hatch, year 2000 colour Light metallic Blue.

I've had it a few years and have always wanted to fix it up, its running fine but I do need an alternator.
What I'd like to get done first is leather seats, I've seen a few P11's with the Leather GTI type seating with the piping and I think it looks the dogs B**s,
I'd post a pic but dont want to get in trouble as I only know how to post a link,
Anyway if anyone knows if its possible to get these type of seats or if any other seats fit the P11, and could tell me where I could get them.

Really looking forward to getting my new project going and posting the progress.

Next on the list will be one of the kits with a nice spoiler, and then I think some white alloys,

I need to get cracking as the Mrs is telling me if I dont get started I'll come home from work in a week and it'll be gone..So any other advice anyone would like to offer I'd gladly accept as I'm a complete novice, Embarrassed

Cheers
DublinPete
DublinPete View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 4:09pm
Anything??
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 5:26pm
Can't help you with the seats but for posting pictures if you can post links then you can do this

Geordie View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member
Not in Estate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 8:48am

Hi Pete and welcome to NPOC.

I used to make the Primera seats for 8 years (1996 - 2004). From what I can remember, the base slider frame and rails were the same for the P11 and P11-144, so seats from a P11 should be a straight bolt in. If you can find some that you like of course. Remember, messing about with, and removing the original 144 airbag seats will set off the flashing yellow light on the dashboard, and whether you retrofit airbag or non-airbag P11 seats, that is likely to keep flashing.

Another option is to reskin the seats with half leather covers from a 144 Sport spec, as long as you have the matching foam shape under the covers (i.e. some had top lugs, others were straight across the top).

Hope that helps.

Chris

Car of the Month April 2010 (Black GT)
Car of the Month August 2012 (Red Wagon)
"You are a one man, used car industry, improvement system!!" - Tom (12/12/16)
Current: 1991 P10 2 litre GS
fourohh View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourohh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 7:45pm
DublinPete
Good luck in your search for seats.
I have the standard saloon leather seats in my car. They're comfy and cool... and I notice some people have put them into their GTs. Probably not the look you're going for, but it would widen your search for breaking Primera/leather seats.

Geordie
Wow, you might have made my seats! They're in good 20 year-old condition, just a little bit stitching has come undone up near the rear parcel shelf (sun exposure). Light grey.
I wondered if there was any peculiarity about how the leather was treated? Where the seats are a bit worn, they are clearly leather, but in unworn areas it is almost as if there is a coating... which has lead some people to question whether they are imitation. Shocked
Nice and cool. However, if you inadvertently hit the heater switch they get very hot very quickly!

P11 1998 2.0ltr SE Sedan
 Post Reply Post Reply